Sir Alex Ferguson

The_Rev

I still stand by the fact Forlan was unlucky. He was behind the best striker in Europe at the time. Id be shocked if he made more than 15 starts as a striker.

His 2007 splurge was possibly his biggest failure though not all his fault as Hargreaves legs went after a season and Nani and Anderson have talent but not the attitude

What the actual ****? I know you Australians like a drink, but blimey there is so much wrong in that post that light actually bends around it! :blink:

United spent £50m this summer. They spent £50m last summer. They spent £7.5m on Bebe, they spent nearly £20m on Anderson. Both disasters. They spent £32m on Berbatov and left him on the bench for a year before selling him for £4m. Fergie didnt rate Berbatov to the point where he couldnt even find a spot for him amongst the seven substitutes in a Champions League final. Veron has already been mentioned, but what about Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Forlan, Tosic and Obertan? I think the jury is still out on £10m defender Chris Smalling too.

United spend loads on transfer fees and even more on wages. They sign plenty of duds, often for big money. The thing is that they are so rich if a player doesn't make the grade then they just buy someone else and move on. Very rarely do they leave a dud in the first team for an extended period of time because unlike most other clubs, they can afford not to.

Ok,let me re-phraise my answer.

The way the Premier League is now is that only the rich clubs can win it,so what I meant was that Chelski,Man C and Man Ure are the 3 big spenders in the Premier League but I meant that when you take into consideration the amount of $$$ that the other 2 clubs spend their return is not much compared to Man Ure.

Â