Support Birmingham

hood_uk

i was joking about etap its an absolute shithole, but its £39 for a 3 bed room, its a drinkers hotel, ideal for people who plan on spending no time in their room

i cant remember if the walls are plastic and "self cleaning" or if that was hotel formula 1 in liverpool

The etap (or Ibis Budget as it is now called) is used as a bail/probation hostel by the authorities in Brum.

Combine that with the general stag do / hen parties and you can see the quality of the clientele it attracts

Does Brum have any good hostels?

Hatters on Livery Street is supposed to be good. I walk past it on my way to college now and again and its always busy and the people outside seem nice enough.

Oh and BIRMINGHAM is 4th in the World at the moment on the vote!

I've stayed at Hatters when I stayed up there for a game. I thought it was alright as far as hostels go.

The only issue was that you have to cross a 6 lane major road when walking into town which became a bit hairy when walking back to the hostel drunk at the end of the night!

Manchester is soooooo over rater in my opinion. Give me Leeds, Sheffield, or Newcastle, over it any day.

What were you there for? Business or pleasure

Have got several friends who live there, and have mostly been there visiting them. I've also been numerous times for the football. I just really don't understand all the fuss about it. As a music fan, I appreciate that it has produced some good bands (although again a lot of them are very over rated, but that's a different subject), and there are some cool little bars, and nice places to eat, see gigs etc, but no more so that any other major UK city. I've never really got on that well with the locals either. I find Mancunians to be quite arrogant, and full of their own self importance. Not all of them obviously, but on nearly every visit I've made to the city, I always seem to encounter at least one knobhead.

Â