Villatalk Fantasy League: Bundesliga Edition

GarethRDR

For the Germanophiles amongst us, I've set up a VT league via Kicker's fantasy football game. I suggest copious use of Google Translate to get you through the registration process, but I've included some instructions/translations (shamelessly pinched/adapted from another forum) below...

1. Go to the registration page and fill in the form to register (all the fields marked with * need to be filled).

Translations:

Anrede - Title (Frau= Miss, Herr = Mister)

Vorname - First Name

Nachname - Surname

Nickname - Nickname

Straße/Hausnr. - Street/House number

P.L.Z/Wohnort - Postal code/City

Land - Country

Telefonnummer - Phone number (can be left blank)

Geburtsdatum - Date of birth (can be left blank)

Email - Your email address

Newsletter - Check first option if you want to receive the newsletter, and the second one if you don't.

Nutzungshinweis - Make sure that "Ja" is checked; it means you acknowledge the use of your provided personal data etc.

Code Eingabe: Enter the "captcha" code you see.

2. Press "Mitglied Werden" to finish your registration.

3. You will be sent an email to your provided email address, saying that you've successfully registered, and providing you with your Login-ID (you can use your email address or your nickname instead of it) and a password for your first login ("Kennwort für die Erstanmeldung"; you'll be able to change it later). Go here to login.

4. To start playing the Bundesliga Interactive Fantasy Manager, go here.

5. Choose players for your team (your budget is €42.5m) by dragging them onto position on the pitch. This is quite straightforward, despite the fact that the page is in German - if you get stuck, let me know and I'll try and help. Do bear in mind you do have to choose an entire squad though!

6. After you're done, click on "Kader speichern" to save your team. Now you'll need to join the league...

7. Go here and in the "Liganame" field, enter VillaTalk Fantasy League and click "Suchen".

8. Click on the name of the league, scroll down, check the Team-Ansicht (you can leave it unchecked if you don't want me to see your squad) and Hinweis fields.

9. Click on "Bewerbung senden" and you're done! All that's left is for me to accept your application to the league, which I'll get round to ASAP.

Viel Glück! :hooray:

C'mon peeps, get on it! Can't have a two-person league for pity's sake! And y'all have only missed one week's worth of points, so it's easily catch-up-able. Do it! DO IT NOW!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good start for me! Just checked it for the first time since signing up, and I got 48 points in the last round, on top of 51 before that. So, after only two games, I'm not far behind - woo!

Edit: just realised, too, that if I'd have had Dani Schahin in my first XI last week rather than on the bench, I'd have 19 more points. :angry:

Â