Dual Passports...

b23avfc

Ok so both my passports effectively are as useful as each other for travelling within Europe.

Is there a problem travelling out of the UK on the UK passport and (as the irish one is newer) doing the faster security thing on the way back with the Irish passport?

Or is the idea of using the passport relevant to the country you are leaving/entering the best rule?

I don't think in this case it makes a massive difference but interested to see who has any experience.

I have two UK passports different numbers etc. I have in the past used one on the way out and the other on the way back in with no difficulties.

The reason I have two is regarding Visa's etc, My Saudi visa etc was not exactly the best one for easy admittance into Israel and vice versa etc. I do not believe there is a oyster card / library card system where they check you out / in, I believe the checks are against the numbers etc against a list of undesirables. To be honest though with the cutbacks that this Gvmt have introduced and the subsequent massive delays you will have plenty of time to decide while waiting in the queue :-)

I have two UK passports different numbers etc. I have in the past used one on the way out and the other on the way back in with no difficulties.

The reason I have two is regarding Visa's etc, My Saudi visa etc was not exactly the best one for easy admittance into Israel and vice versa etc. I do not believe there is a oyster card / library card system where they check you out / in, I believe the checks are against the numbers etc against a list of undesirables. To be honest though with the cutbacks that this Gvmt have introduced and the subsequent massive delays you will have plenty of time to decide while waiting in the queue :-)

Ha you're right! And i'm hoping the irish one will be useful to me where UK/USA aren't quite so welcome :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have an Australian passport and a British one. It doesn't matter if you use one going out and a different one coming back. They don't know where you have been or on which passport, they only go by the visa stamps. If you haven't got a visa for the place you are going then you have an issue.

Â