Chelsea v Man City Community Shield

andykeenan

Also, out of curiosity, in case anyone can answer this question - there was a portion of the programme about the new St. George's Park training centre, which said it would be used by all 24 England National teams. Can anyone name all 24?

I was thinking - England 'A', 'B', and 'C', Under 21, Under 19, Under 17, Under 16, Under 15, Schoolboys? Double that for the women? And then do we have 6 disability teams aswell? It just seemed like a really high number, and I was struggling to make up 24.

1] England men's first team.

2-7] England male youth teams: U21, U20, U19, U18, U17 & U16 (schoolboys)

8] England Women's first team

9-13] England female youth teams: U23, U20, U19, U17 & U15

14-22] England disabled teams: Partially sighted, Blind, Deaf & hard of hearing, Amputee, Learning Difficulty & Cerebral Palsy. They have eight teams over six categories so I dont know how that breaks down (ie, whether the extra teams are divided by age or gender)

23] England C team (Amateur and semi pro players)

24] England futsal team.

Futsal! I would never have got that. Is there not a beach pitch there too for the England Beach Football Team?...presuming we have one.

Thanks for the reply though. Are all of those variants of the disabled game played at the Paralympics?

City fan here, went to the game yesterday. Have to say, I'm glad the game was moved to VP - had a great time; and it seems to be a unanimous opinion among everyone who went that it was a much better trip overall than Wembley last year - proper football ground and a cracking atmosphere, sounded louder even with 10k less tickets. Perhaps because the ground is smaller it allowed the songs to catch on better, but my (biased) opinion was that we were by far the louder of the two sets. Wish holding it at Villa Park wasn't a one off.

my (biased) opinion was that we were by far the louder of the two sets.

You were, by a country mile. I was pretty shocked at the Chelsea support actually, it all just seemed very (as I said before) casual. I guess they really didn't give a toss. Although as I heard a bloke behind me say to his mate at one point - 'you gave a toss when we were 1-0 up and it was 11v11 ;)'

I'm getting insanely jealous of City now. You **** don't even have the good grace to have horrible shirts. :(

You speak too soon, we're moving to Nike after this season :( Gutted. Umbro have been fantastic to us, absolutely love this year's away kit.

my (biased) opinion was that we were by far the louder of the two sets.

You were, by a country mile. I was pretty shocked at the Chelsea support actually, it all just seemed very (as I said before) casual. I guess they really didn't give a toss. Although as I heard a bloke behind me say to his mate at one point - 'you gave a toss when we were 1-0 up and it was 11v11 ;)'

Haha, good to hear a neutral perspective. As I say, had a cracking time and wish this was the permanent venue. Much more suited.

Â