Chelsea v Man City Community Shield

andykeenan

I missed the Savic incident but Ivanovic was definitely a red from what I saw. The yellow soon afterwards for Lampard was bullshit, though. It really seems like they pull their decisions out of their arse without any link to consistency or logic.

think people backing Chelsea will change mind after today. defence looked awful. Terry went for a walk for the Nasri goal.

Strange to see both teams pass at VP cant remember last time that happened :(

think people backing Chelsea will change mind after today. defence looked awful. Terry went for a walk for the Nasri goal.

Strange to see both teams pass at VP cant remember last time that happened :(

Think their midfield was even more worrying, Mikel also kept getting caught in possession.

have to say one player that has improved greatly is ramires. i think he is fantastic little player

he is a brilliant player just needed time to settle, was awesome in both legs vs barcelona and just like pirlo vs England his chip turned the game psychologically

From sitting in the Holte End the screen in the corner of the Doug/North looks too small and kind of wonky. Maybe it's just my bad eyesight though.

It was pretty bizarre for the Trinity to be by far the loadest stand in the ground. The City fans mostly had a whale of time, much louder than when I've been to their place with Villa. Chelsea fans on the other hand were, well, casual really. It might be because they had a lot more fans than a normal away game, so the fans that would normally sing every song were more diluted and spread out or something...didn't seem a problem for the Citeh fans though.

Needless to say though that I have seen far worse games at VP, so I'm glad I went :P

Also, out of curiosity, in case anyone can answer this question - there was a portion of the programme about the new St. George's Park training centre, which said it would be used by all 24 England National teams. Can anyone name all 24?

I was thinking - England 'A', 'B', and 'C', Under 21, Under 19, Under 17, Under 16, Under 15, Schoolboys? Double that for the women? And then do we have 6 disability teams aswell? It just seemed like a really high number, and I was struggling to make up 24.

Â