Virgin Super hub help

robojoel

Bit of a weird one here, the shambles that are virgin media recently upgraded my home hub from an old 10mbps modem with my own wireless router connected to its new 'super hub' that actually does give me 30 mbps.

It also acts as the wireless broadcaster, BUT it it rubbish, its in exactly the same place as my old wireless yet the signal constantly fluctuates between 100% and nothing.

It gets weirder

Even though the hub is on, it send NO wireless signal when my pc is turned off for a duration of time (the pc is connected directly by LAN)

As soon as I turn the pc on, bang the wireless starts working.

Please don't tell me to phone virgin's technical support, I may as well watch a Laurel and Hardy film while having my soul pounded with rusty meat tenderizers.

Thanks for help if you can offer any! :cry:

I have been trying to upgrade our business broadband since March and hey wont let me as they still have sorted out the issues with the new hub.

Sounds like a real pile of crap to me.

Last year when I moved house I initially opted for a VM setup, this was helped by £150 quidco cashback at the time. However, as you have said the wirelesss signal was awful, couldn't get anything upstairs so I decided to cancel under their 28 day no quibble cancellation policy. Best part was they still paid out the £150!

I then went to BT Infinity which has been superb.

Â