Microsoft word list

tarjei

I don't have much experience with Word, and I guess I'm not the first one to go crazy from it.

I'm making a proposed schedule for a Photoshop short course and all of a sudden Word has decided to add a space in a couple of lines in my list. I went back and redid a lot of it and then suddenly the spaces popped back in.

LDVrq.jpg

The highlighted lines is where the issue is. The arrow indicates the space, but I can't figure out how to remove the arrow. Any tips?

At the top of the page, near to where the horizontal ruler is, there'll be a number of markers. Try playing around with the one which is vertically aligned with the leftmost area of bluetext.

Maybe.

Edit: the markers are actually on the horizontal ruler, you're probably going to be looking for a triangular one.

Thanks, tried that now. Was able to move it back and forth but not remove the space. Funny thing is if I highlight another line that doesn't have the arrow and play with the markers the arrows pop in to those lines as well... which would be okay except for the fact that it only happens on the 1st page and seems impossible to replicate on the 2nd page.

Was able to sort it out but had to copy the text into notepad to remove all formatting and then copy it back into a blank document and only do the indent and spacing after the list was completed.

Some strange things going on with this program... after copying it into notepad most of the numbers swapped places in the list! I guess I'm not compatible with it somehow and I'm somewhat at fault for wasting my own time, but its not exactly intuitive.

The arrow is a non-printing character indicating a tab to the start of text following the bullet. Put tabs on the ruler bar in the places you want them, rather than the defaults and you'll be fine.

But seriously, don't deal with MS Word unless someone is paying you to. Use Google Docs and stop paying the Microsoft tax.

Â