PSN forgotten Password

lapal_fan

I have forgotten my password on the PSN, which means I cannot alter any details.

The problem is, is that it is linked to my university account, which they closed down without warning about 6 months ago (I finished in 2008! :lol:)

So whenever I go to change the account details it says email sent to your account, but I can't read it obviously..

What do?

**** weird, had a similar situation last night when trying to buy journey.

As I had deleted all my bank details during the hacking fiasco, i needed to put my password in to confirm the purchase. As i only ever use two passwords I thought it'd be easy. Nope. Must have changed it to something else after the ps network restart.

Tried to log in to the email address I had used to register on hotmail but it was saying it was an unknown windows id. Still have not figured this out as it must be a real one as I used it to register on psn.

Anyway, i got round it by setting up a new hotmail account under the apparantly unknown id, sending a 'forgotten password reminder' to the new(old) hotmail address and resetting it that way.

Proper ball ache that took me an hour to figure out. Still not quite sure why a hotmail account I set up for the sole purpose of registering a psn account can be unknown but there you go.

I think in your case your screwed as the uni wont open it again. Your gonna have to set up a new psn account i think.

Â