The decline of the British High Street

AVFCLaura

Cheers for doing that mj mooney.

Thats a shame.

Some really good laughs. I am beginning to feel old!

Were you at Bradford Uni, then?

Yup.

I was there from 2000-2003 but stayed there until 2004 waiting for the ex to finish Uni.

Lived in some dives up Great Horton Road.

Funny place Bradford. It always felt like it was on a knife edge where everything was about to kick off. There seemed to be so much tension. I was in Yates during the 2001 riots when the windows got smashed in.

The City centre is horrible but some of the surrounding areas are stunning!

Where abouts in the Centre do you work?

I work at the University!

If I knew what your real name was I could look up all your student records, as I look after the relevant system.

:D

Thats a shame.

Yup.

I was there from 2000-2003 but stayed there until 2004 waiting for the ex to finish Uni.

Funny place Bradford. It always felt like it was on a knife edge where everything was about to kick off. There seemed to be so much tension. I was in Yates during the 2001 riots when the windows got smashed in.

If I knew what your real name was I could look up all your student records, as I look after the relevant system.

To be fair it should be quite easy......there were only 2 people called Adam that graduated in Economics in 2003....I was the lazy one that got a 2:2!

Thats a shame.

Yup.

To be fair it should be quite easy......there were only 2 people called Adam that graduated in Economics in 2003....I was the lazy one that got a 2:2!

Is your birthday 27th March?

mystic-meg.jpg

Thats a shame.

Yup.

Is your birthday 27th March?

mystic-meg.jpg

Yup you found me!

I was hoping we'd have a photograph, but that was the early days of that particular database, and sadly we don't.

Anyway, why did you tell us you were born in England, and not Belgium, eh? :suspect:

It was easier for the loan!!! Only joking.

Does it say England??!!

They have photos now? I bet the pervy lecturers (Baimbridge cough) love that!!!

Yes, it says England. And yes, we have photos now. Some of them hilarious.

I'm going Christmas shopping in Birmingham this Saturday. I'm going to be spending most of the day going around the shops in the freezing cold.

I'm only doing this because it's a day out with my girlfriend and because I don't have time now to get some of the bits I need on Amazon (lots of my family going away this weekend so need to give them their presents this Sunday)

Otherwise I would do it all on Amazon, where I could sit in my nice warm lounge with a beer, casually look through hundreds of thousands of products, getting it delivered straight to my door and for less money than I would have spent in the shops.

And if Amazon don't have it, I'm sure there are plenty of other websites which do.

I will do the rest of my Christmas shopping this way. Free parking is not going to swing it. In fact, there's very little which will swing it. The internet is taking over the shops, and it's worrying that the shops just can't compete.

But is Royal Mail not something that worries you all at this time of year?

I missed 2 packages this month and on the first 4 occasions to the sorting offices I bailed due to massive queues and screaming customers. On my final successful visit there were people going crazy because they had left 72 hours before coming to the sorting office as requested on the card and the parcels were nowhere to be found.

I HAD to go to the sorting office because Royal Mail have had so many website problems recently due to the strain that I couldn't re-arrange delivery online. I also had a 'fee2pay' note this morning that a parcel did not have sufficient postage by 22p, so 1 pound 22p to pay. Can't do it online as the bloody website keeps failing.

If I order anything online at anytime in December, I will gladly pay extra for a courier as I do not want Royal Mail handling any of my packages at this time of year. Nightmare.

Â