O Hare Airport Chicago

Lombardo

Anyone had any trouble ever getting connecting flights tgoing through O Hare? Have an hour and a half to get from a flight arriving in from Dublin to a connecting flight to Portland.... Is it a nightmare to get around or is it ok?

It's America ..expect rubber gloves and the works

Not ever done transit through the US but from what I've heard from a few people 90 mins could be tight as I believe you will have to clear some form of immigration regardless of being in transit .. will just depends on how busy the airport is on the day most likely

I think you'll still need to fill in your electronic authorisation thingy even if you aren't staying in America ?

I flew through O' Hare almsot 2 years ago and its not a real user friendly airport to be fair. I suspect youll have to switch terminals as coming in from international and flying within the US. The transfer wont be a big issue, the big one will be customs/immigration. My suggestion to you is if you are not already flying in either first class or a row close to front of the plane (by the door) book a seat right near the door. Wont be free I assume but you will be one of the first off and can rush to customs and hopefully be one of the first inline! THat being said if 6 other international flights just landed....you might be in some trouble.

You can get through everything you need done in as quick as 20-25 minutes or it can take your full 90 mins....just depends on whats happening. Hope that helps!

Cheers lads. Immigration is cleared in Dublin now for going to the States so I don't think I'll have to clear it again over in Chicago. Just praying security is not too bad. I dont mind running so that won't be a problem.

I was going to chime in with that. As you clear immigration in Dublin you will have plenty of time. I assume that you are flying One World (American Airlines/Aer Lingus), so it should be seamless.

They will tag your bag through to Portland at Dublin, but you will have to claim it in Chicago, clear customs, and then just hand it back at a collection point the other side.

You will find it all very easy.

Done it a few times with a much tighter turnaround than you've got there. Think my shortest was 25 minutes. I had to ask a member of staff to jump the queue but they were very helpful and I was one of the first on the plane. I think it helped that I was helped by an Anglophile who wanted to know if I'd ever met the Queen. By chance, I'd been at a swanky do a few weeks before when Her Madge was the guest of honour so I think that might have helped ;)

Â