XBL question

villarule123

i have recently made a new gamertag with my sub running out on the old one.. i checked my email connected to my old tag and it seems the crafty bastards put a auto 12 month renew on my profile

my current debit card wasnt the primary card on the account and i have no charge as of yet but my renewel date has changed to 09/12 on my old tag

what has gone on? im sure they wouldnt just give me a year without charging

In a nutshell, Microsoft are being crafty and once you pay 1 time on your card your on auto renewal, unless you telephone them to cancel.

Although it is an old credit card they will not give up, as now they have renewed and charged you. Sorry to say, but if you fail to pay they will ban your console from Xbox live for good.

Suck it in mate, put it down to experience and pay the dough, its not worth losing LIVE over it. your console would also have shit resale value if banned

i'll die before i give them my £39.99!

doubt they'd ban my console either, what if i sold it at someone else was using it?

you asked, so i have told you... someone i know had similar issue, didnt pay and console was blocked after 2 weeks after payment was due.

if there was no comeback, everyone would be doing it.

if you sold the console then the buyer would still have the console banned from live. microsoft go by the serial number for your console.

i'll die before i give them my £39.99!

doubt they'd ban my console either, what if i sold it at someone else was using it?

you asked, so i have told you... someone i know had similar issue, didnt pay and console was blocked after 2 weeks after payment was due.

if there was no comeback, everyone would be doing it.

if you sold the console then the buyer would still have the console banned from live. microsoft go by the serial number for your console.

My XBL isn't banned and neither is the console (I sold it to a friend).

This is why I use pre paid cards to renew my subscription. They are always significantly cheaper and often come with sweeteners too. I just reupped this month and got 14 months for £30 (12 month card + 2 free months + a Gears of War 3 multiplayer skin).

Turn off auto renew, its on by default, and go with pre paid cards.

Just had a look and so they have. Nice to know as I'm considering cancelling as it's not often I play online anyway. Not something I have to sort out for a while though as they wrongly banned my console due to a software glitch a last week and I have just had an email saying they are giving me 3months free gold plus 1600 points added to my credit as an apology. :thumb:

Â