Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

No thanks, average. Achieved nothing in the Prem.

he established blues in the prem which was an achievement in itself, he is a good manager, i think sunderland will do well next season

Established them then got relegated....

He's spent a lot at Sunderland and has very little to show for it.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he established blues in the prem which was an achievement in itself, he is a good manager, i think sunderland will do well next season

their new signings haven't gelled yet, on paper they have a very good squad

and yet he can't get them to perform.

because their new players haven't settled yet....

Does this not have a familier ring to it? I'm talking about Villa of course.

I'd be happy with Hughes or Jol myself. I would be gutted if we ended up with the Fat Waiter, he would role me in similar ways to GH!

I can see GH announcing his retirement before the Liverpool game (assuming we are safe!) and taking in a lap of honour (silly me I meant a walk to the corner of the Doug Ellis & his adoring public!!).

Does this not have a familier ring to it? I'm talking about Villa of course.

Difference between taking over during a season and having 7 months to 2 years with two full pre-seasons and plenty of time to bring in his own players and style. If we were in this position 2/3 months into next season (if Houllier was still manager), I imagine there would be very little support. Certainly wouldn't be any from me.

I can't stand Hughes. Never ever gratious in defeat, always someone elses fault not the fact that it happens at times.

Also a complete hypocrite, allows all his players to be-little teams like wolves for being physical, then Hangeland smashes through the back of one of thier players and has a hissy fit!

I just don't like him at all.

My opinion of course.

I'm not saying we should do this, but Fat Sam said he could manage Madrid etc... we could give him a good club with good players and he would want to prove himself and back his statement.

because their new players haven't settled yet....

but he cant get them to perform.

:lol: continue continue

I'm not saying we should do this, but Fat Sam said he could manage Madrid etc... we could give him a good club with good players and he would want to prove himself and back his statement.

**** no chance. Please God no. Never, ever. I'd rather stick with Gary Mack and Gerard than that fat sod. Let somone else give him that chance!

no one has yet to mention the football management dream team that would be steve staunton, tony adams and john barnes. by the power of greyskull harnessing those three managerial brains could be a work of genius!

seriously my choice would probably be betwixt Hughes, Pulis, Lambert, Poyet or Jol. sure would be interesting to do the interviewing. if mourinho really wanted to prove himself again and give himself a renaissance winning things with the villa would make him more of a fottballing legend than winning things at real or anyhwere else (i.e. man u etc obviously if he went to Shrewsbury and took them to european glory that would be more impressive)

I think we just have to sit tight, get the point against wigan (we are rubbish against them at home usually) and see what happens this summer. gary mac has to go though as does GH for his health.

I think Moyes is clearly our first choice [as a collective], I would certainly be worried about his injury crisis' every year he is very similar to MON in the fact he doesnt rotate his squad and its something we really need to do we were lucky with MON in that we didnt really suffer an injury crisis and started strong, Moyes is the opposite of this - he gets a crisis every year and starts the season incredibly poorly but finishes incredibly strongly.

I'd still definitely have him I just hope whoever he had as his assistant could help out with any training to stop a injury crisis and maybe bring through any ideas of rotation.

**** no chance. Please God no. Never, ever. I'd rather stick with Gary Mack and Gerard than that fat sod. Let somone else give him that chance!

As I said and just want to make clear, I am not saying we should.

Was just thinking and typing!

As I said and just want to make clear, I am not saying we should.

Was just thinking and typing!

Phil, please cease that immediately :lol: