newcastle away travel

wack

• 3 weeks later...

£20 is just for the coach, hotels start from about £25 with breakfast. whitley bay is around 10 mile from the ground. we will be leaving around 9 am on the sat morning, with a stop on way to break journey up. we will leave for the ground on the sunday in plenty of time to park at ground. back to brum after game

• 2 weeks later...

for anybody thinking of getting the train it may be cheaper to break up your journey. return from sheffield would have cost me pushing £50 but by going to york and then changing (even though the same train goes through to newcastle) i have got a return for £20.

Will be driving up myself, anyone got any experience of match day parking up there?

Nightmare on match days, dont even try to park in newcastle centre or anywhere near the ground. Best bet, is to park up at one of the Metro stations and get the train into to either Monument or Haymarket station, you can walk up to the ground from either of them. Be warned though its a bit of a nightmare after the match getting on back on the train (playing sardines with a load of sweaty, and no doubt depressed, barcodes isn't fun)

Have a look here - might be helpful

http://www.nexus.org.uk/metro

Obviously on the map St James station is next to the ground, but that to is nightmarish before and after match

You can park for free at most of the Metro stations, one of the Gateshead ones should be OK, its only a couple of stops into newcastle centre. Or if you are getting there early you could park in one of the city centre car parks but that'll cost.

Will be driving up myself, anyone got any experience of match day parking up there?

Nightmare on match days, dont even try to park in newcastle centre or anywhere near the ground. Best bet, is to park up at one of the Metro stations and get the train into to either Monument or Haymarket station, you can walk up to the ground from either of them. Be warned though its a bit of a nightmare after the match getting on back on the train (playing sardines with a load of sweaty, and no doubt depressed, barcodes isn't fun)

Have a look here - might be helpful

http://www.nexus.org.uk/metro

Obviously on the map St James station is next to the ground, but that to is nightmarish before and after match

Thanks for that mate, I'd have probs attempted to park in the centre of town like an idiot, before reading that!

Metro parking it is then :)

for anybody thinking of getting the train it may be cheaper to break up your journey. return from sheffield would have cost me pushing £50 but by going to york and then changing (even though the same train goes through to newcastle) i have got a return for £20.

First class was £1400!!!!!!

Cheapest we could get was £250. I laughed, and told them to shove it 8)

Â