Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems to be wait another 48 Hours, then another few days, another 24 hours, a day or two more, etc.

Now the bidders are getting slated by various sources.

It would nice to hear some real news rather than i think this might happen or my source said.

Okay, some of you may have real sources but some appear made up.

Its happening.... Patience people. This is after all a PLC and quite a big one at that. It takes time and Lerner wants to do things privately out of the spotlight of the press.

Hopefully news next week, perhaps not until the week after though. One thing is for sure Doug wants to go this time and ultimately will. Would be very surprised if it is not to Lerner who despite the odd nasty rumour will make an excellent owner. Just ask Browns supporters what they think of him. Also ask O Neill for that matter!

So you are Howard@foretrelaible then?

I have since looked back at your previous posts and can see where you are coming from.... I certainly didn't mean to take the piss it was that your comments are pretty damn accurate!

No Probs Den. Its bloody frustrating at the moment but I have never been more hopeful of the imminent departure of HDE. Even the old boy knows its time to move on. Lerner will be first class and with MON it really is a dream ticket for the future of our beloved club.

That,s right Den. HDE just does not take Neville seriously after the Comer fiasco. If Neville's bid was the only one on the table I genuinely think HDE would not sell. He only wants to sell to an individual or consortium who he thinks our "major players" and will make Villa "major players" once more in European football. In his mind that is Lerner. In all honesty I do not know his attitude to the Athole Still bid but I do know he has doubts about Padfield's bid also.

could it not be a simple case of reading too much into a very simple situation.

one bidder keeps promising and failing to deliver

one bidder has started promising and may soon deliver

one bidder has and said nowt

one bidder has and walked away then come back, although I've seen no evidence yet from him

one owner is renowned for his brinkmanship

one owner is renowned for his brinkmanship

Maybe the problem is that Ellis and Petchey cant agree on who to sell to. petchey is not a director, and so has less obligation than Doug to sell to the "best" bidder for the club, he will want to sell to the best biider for him

I personally don't think there is a problem. Lerner just wants it to be as low key as possible whilst his team carry out due diligence. He does not want a repeat of the publicity that broke a couple of weeks ago. I still believe O Neill would not have signed if this wasn't going to happen plus I don't think Doug would be sanctioning big money signings if he thought for one minute he was staying!