Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I'm a long-time browser on this forum who enjoys sifting through the chat at work but never gets round to actually saying anything. I saw my first game under the Venglos era and was a season ticket holder during the BFR and Little years before my job took me away from the area and I don't get to VP as much as I would like to these days. This takeover saga has prompted me to break cover and say hi. I've been glued on here from morning to night for the last week experiencing every twist and turn of this soap opera, it's painful but I think it will be worth it.

Like everyone here I'm well excited and frustrated in equal measure about goings on in B6 at the moment. FWIW I just can't see anything other than Doug being shown the door within the week, if not within days. There is now no way out for him except through the door marked EXIT. I think today's relative silence is not necessarily a bad thing. I would rather hear nothing than wide-of-the-mark and varying media reports. I think the silence shows that serious negotiation is going on behind closed doors, and I'm very hopeful and confident that Lerner will emerge as the man who is going to lead us into a bright and shiny new era. One thing's for sure, after years, nay decades, of the breath being slowly strangled out of the club, all Villa fans deserve this takeover. We are one of the greatest old clubs in world football and it is a travesty that Villa has become the personal dictatorship of a self-interested egomianic. It's going to happen guys, I can feel it. :D