SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gringo you have a point because AVIL said

LONDON (AFX) - Aston Villa Investments Ltd, the acquisition vehicle formed

for the purpose of making an offer for Aston Villa Plc, says talks are ongoing

with the football club's advisors and due diligence is progressing.

so there is misleading information or maybe as Malc says a delaay for time.

also it is interesting to note that the PR from Villa contained no contact details at the club for the first time.

It sounds to me like cuddly saing they were never serious. If they wanted a delay for time they would have said DD was ongoing. It says it never happened, never got that far.

I´m very happy with the announcement! It shows that Villa are going to be sold to a buyer that puts up the money...simple as that. The club have now invited others to buy the club and that should put som heat on the Comer Homes Group.

I think that this will trigger other consortiums or companys to maybe make an offer that will hold.

You might lie to people at book signings or make up stories to reporters, but when talking to the stock exchange cuddly will tell the truth, maybe not the whole truth, but the truth.

Neville says the delay is DD.

Cuddly is saying there is no deal in progress.

One is a mate of blokes with maybe some money.

The other holds all the cards. And in order to keep the company on the takeover list employs rothers on a do-nothing retainer and carries on playing tennis.

Is it not about this time of year the pleasant old gent flies out to Oz to watch the tennis - there goes the window.........

Thank goodness.

Bids are not only invited, but are being dealt with by someone other than Doug Ellis.

Let's just hope we can survive this season.

I think this is spot on, we survive and we can build, go down it is going to get tuff - a point tomorrow would be really welcome.

Comers offered a figure to buy.

Doug says 'show us the money'

Doug now says 'What they offered was acceptable but they haven't come up with the cash'

Villa now employ Rothschilds to discuss them searching out someone prepared to pay what Doug thinks is acceptable.

Maybe Comers will now come forward...... maybe they won't

How about

Comers offer a package that values the club at what the city says its worth

Clubs advisors suggest the Board accept

The other major shareholders suggest the board should accept

The Chairman says its not the value package he thinks the club is worth.

The comers ask for further clarification of certain valuations to justify their stance

Ellis tries to delay the provision of this information, but fails

A meeting is arranged with all parties present and the Comers suggest a certain action.

Ellis is then involved in 3 days of discussions and Rothchilds are asked again, to provide suitable buyers based on the new appraisal of the club forcing Ellis effectively out of the club.

Now you might be able to guess why there is a moritorium on expenditure and why the Mail were able to post what they did, they know there will be no comeback from Ellis

There's more to come too

Sounds to me like you are not speculating?? I think what you say sounds very plaussible.

Comers offered a figure to buy.

Doug says 'show us the money'

Doug now says 'What they offered was acceptable but they haven't come up with the cash'

Villa now employ Rothschilds to discuss them searching out someone prepared to pay what Doug thinks is acceptable.

Maybe Comers will now come forward...... maybe they won't

How about

Comers offer a package that values the club at what the city says its worth

Clubs advisors suggest the Board accept

The other major shareholders suggest the board should accept

The Chairman says its not the value package he thinks the club is worth.

The comers ask for further clarification of certain valuations to justify their stance

Ellis tries to delay the provision of this information, but fails

A meeting is arranged with all parties present and the Comers suggest a certain action.

Ellis is then involved in 3 days of discussions and Rothchilds are asked again, to provide suitable buyers based on the new appraisal of the club forcing Ellis effectively out of the club.

Now you might be able to guess why there is a moritorium on expenditure and why the Mail were able to post what they did, they know there will be no comeback from Ellis

There's more to come too

Just read it again - do you suggest that Ellis is gone?? or at least has his hands tied as the board no longer trust him to handle the club in the shareholders best intrests????

I think that Ellis has lost the control he once had...

The announcement, and the way it is said, make you feel that someone has stepped up and said "Enough is enough".

I think Doug Ellis still is very much in his last days at Villa Park. Any shareholder should wonder what´s up with the club when the bad news seems to come more and more. The shareholders should be nervous, because the longer time this drag on...the less money will they get in a take over. The "Comer-saga" has already damaged the value...and the last episode when we cant even afford loanies makes anyone who knows anything about english football and history to raise their eyebrows in shock. I am very shocked that Villa has such a poor financial state that this suggests...

Villa need a take over bid soon....

so - and sorry to be so slow!

Its:

1.They made an offer

2.It would have been approved to the board/shareholders

3.They (villa) havent yet seen the colour of their money

4.Unsure that due dilligence has been actioned/completed

If so then this is surely put up or shut up from Villa, no?

To me, if the above is a correct take on the situation, then the bid, if ever officially made, would have been accepted.................?

Villa can't win as usual.

Nothing is said, people want to know what is happening and complain about silence.

Villa update it and people start questioning why we've mentioned anything!

It would seem that football has taken a back seat since October 31st

This season is now about reaching 40 points, nothing more, nothing less. Hopefully we'll then see the back of O'Leary and Ellis...then we can start a fresh.

SFF - I don't think its a case of Villa not being able 'win as usual'

This announcement is shrouded in mystery, goes against what has been reported previously (due dilligence) and is fresh on the back of a Birmingham Mail requesting, on the front page, that the club come clean.

It poses almost as many questions as it does answers.

Infact - the only answer it gives is that we are, seemingly, up for sale.

I have a theory on why the two groups are contradicting each other on the due dilligence issue.

The wording of the statement is "To date the Board is not aware that AVIL has performed detailed due diligence on Aston Villa". Well performed is past tense, i.e. it could also be read as they have not completed due dilligence.

Hence why Neville maintains due dilligence is ongoing.