Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

At this moment, I just want to be proud of my team (not talking of winning trophies or CL football) just to walk away from Villa Park or see them in highlights and be proud that they are my team. I'll live and die a Villa fan, I'm not expecting the world just would like to be proud of them..........

Agree also. Perhaps its just me, but its only in the last 18 months that I've felt truly disillusioned. Ellis takes some of the blame for that. so does O'Leary. So do the players. To say that there's been no highspots, or no reasons to feel proud of the Villa in the last 20+ years is ridiculous.

As Pete so eloquently put, it all comes down to money. Ellis has set his stall out. The Comers have set theirs. Who is prepared to budge (or will the both)?

Liken it to buying a secondhand car but on a larger scale. You NEVER pay the original asking price. You NEVER pay less than it is truly worth. You should NEVER pay more than it is worth. 99 times out of a hundred you meet in the middle and amicably agree on a satisfactory price for both parties. That, to my mind is exactly what is going on behind the scenes at VP currently. The leaks to the press are just attempts to apply pressure and strengthen negotiating hands.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I selling to the right people? will they (ahem) look after "my" property as "well" as I did?

I might be thinking that completing the deal will happen, as long as "they" behave well. Are they the "right sort" The price - 20 million to me, or 15, is kind of immaterial.

These things, call them foibles, or whatever, will maybe be the crucial ones, from Ellis' viewpoint.

As Pete so eloquently put, it all comes down to money. Ellis has set his stall out. The Comers have set theirs. Who is prepared to budge (or will the both)?

Now I agree with most you wirte, but I think you need to find a place for JP in all this. Ellis can sell, but without him selling as well who wants to buy?

The saga continues; from TeamTalk:

The Irish consortium bidding to take control of Aston Villa have indicated the next 48 hours are crucial to their hopes of succeeding.

Sources close to property developers the Comer Brothers and lifelong Villa fan Michael Neville are insisting the £64million deal is "still alive".

They have again insisted reports suggesting the takeover bid has collapsed are "not true" and that talks are continuing with Villa chairman and major shareholder Doug Ellis.

But Villa have still to receive a concrete offer from the consortium amid speculation they need to find another £10million to meet Ellis' asking price.

Ellis, who has indicated a willingness to sell after two decades in charge of Villa, is understood to have reached the stage where privately - if not publicly - his stance is "put up or shut up".

A source close to the consortium insisted: "The deal is still alive. Reports that the bid is off are not true but the next 48 hours are crucial."

A Villa spokesman said: "We have not been informed of any change to the position. Our statement to the Stock Exchange still stands."

In that statement before Christmas Villa confirmed they had received an initial approach and were in discussions as regards a possible takeover.

Ellis, 82, had told shareholders at October's annual general meeting he hoped to have some concrete proposals to put before them within a month.

The consortium had set their stall out to complete a deal before Christmas but the slow nature of events means Villa manager David O'Leary is unlikely to receive funds in time to be able to move into the transfer market during the January window.

The Irish consortium bidding to take control of Aston Villa have indicated the next 48 hours are crucial to their hopes of succeeding

Hellelujah! Its raise, call or fold time at long, long last.

Says an undisclosed source :-) - lets see it is not the first deadline is it. I am hoping, but if I was the Comers I would play hardball and stall since Ellies is runnig out of time and JP should want to sell before Ellis dies.

Losing interest now.

Someone wake me up when this is over one way or t'other.

For now I'l just concentrate on what the club is all about, football.

Same here its a joke, Villa can never do anything quickly and we all know what the hold up is.

Ellis wants more money and to still be around. For **** sake he's like a fart in a lift!!!!

Losing interest now.

Someone wake me up when this is over one way or t'other.

For now I'l just concentrate on what the club is all about, football.

Richard I'm impressed - have you seen the light :lol:

WHAT ABOUT THAT FOR MY 2000TH POST ON VT - WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT EH!!

but it's true Lee, if people really cared that we are run by a sick old man, that Leicester can buy Fryatt, or Pompey their players or the fact we have such a small sqaud then they would do something.

some protest

some discard ST's

3,000 have **** off

but the majority care but can't be bothered, there is no other explanation.

but it's true Lee, if people really cared that we are run by a sick old man, that Leicester can buy Fryatt, or Pompey their players or the fact we have such a small sqaud then they would do something.

some protest

some discard ST's

3,000 have **** off

but the majority care but can't be bothered, there is no other explanation.

Really scrapping the barrel aren't ya.

Fryatt - unproven - shows promise, but we already have Luke.

Pompey - they have spent £7m worth of shite today.