Europa League 2024/2025

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Ollie is totally irreplaceable as well. Who would you conceivably buy with the return Watkins gives us in terms of goal involvement a that is 27/28 years old that would not cost £100m+?

I can’t conceive of anyone. On the other hand I have confidence Unai and the scouts would find someone to plug the gap. Ollie was a 13 goal a season striker before Unai got to him

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

Ollie is totally irreplaceable as well. Who would you conceivably buy with the return Watkins gives us in terms of goal involvement a that is 27/28 years old that would not cost £100m+?

I feel like all of our players are irreplaceable at different times -- but none of them really are, we all know. I guess I am more smitten with this cast of characters on this squad than I have been with any Villa squad. I don't want any single thing ever to change. 

And while I do hope we hold onto this charmed squad and manager as long as possible, intellectually, I know football seasons are long and short at the same time, and change inevitable, awful, and yet redemptive, too. It's like love. Enjoy what you have while it lasts, because in the end, it will always change.

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I feel like all of our players are irreplaceable at different times -- but none of them really are, we all know. I guess I am more smitten with this cast of characters on this squad than I have been with any Villa squad. I don't want any single thing ever to change. 

And while I do hope we hold onto this charmed squad and manager as long as possible, intellectually, I know football seasons are long and short at the same time, and change inevitable, awful, and yet redemptive, too. It's like love. Enjoy what you have while it lasts, because in the end, it will always change.

Yeah I didn't mean eternally, but right now looking at this summer for the next season.

• Haha 1

Â