F1 Games

Stevo985

I couldn't find a thread for F1 23, which I'm currently playing, so wanted to start my own. But I'm aware there will probably be a 24 version out soon (end of May I think) so made the thread generic

Anybody own and play F1 23? I'm currently pretty addicted to it, and even considering investing in a wheel and pedals to get even more into it.

It's brilliant

I love Codemasters (been playing their racing games since TOCA around 1998) but they are suffering a bit from having to pump out a yearly game so I would wait before purchasing F1 2024. The 2022 was a disaster by all accounts. WRC (the rally game) is really good as well but there were a lot of issues at launch. I will probably pick up a wheel from Cex at some point.

Currently playing Dirt Rally 2 in VR on PC. There's nothing like rolling down a Greek mountain in a rear wheel drive monster - just surviving is an achievement!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

I love Codemasters (been playing their racing games since TOCA around 1998) but they are suffering a bit from having to pump out a yearly game so I would wait before purchasing F1 2024. The 2022 was a disaster by all accounts.

F1 23 is fantastic, but I haven't played anything except career yet so online etc could be a shit show for all I know. It also seems to be full of shitty features that nobody really wants but maybe that's me being old.

But the actual game is great

Edited by Stevo985

God this game man. So rewarding but so heartbreaking.

Racing at Spa, starting 2nd. get into first. Max the **** rocket polisher tags me on a corner and I lose my front wing going into the barrier. Pit under the safety car and end up in last.

Go onto hards and hope I can make it to the end of the race, but then realise Mediums are the mandatory compound. Make my up to about 13th over the next 10 or so laps, luckily then there's another safety car and I'm right by the pits so manage to dive in for my mediums.

The timing is perfect so I end up in 3rd behind the safety car.

Get past lewis on the restart and then fighting with Sainz for the lead with a few laps to go.

Approaching Eau Rouge, lining him up for an overtake on the straight and I take the approach slightly too wide and bin it into the barrier. Race over 

I was literally sweating :D And it was all for nothing because of a stupid mistake. DNF

Great game

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 13:01, Stevo985 said:

F1 23 is fantastic, but I haven't played anything except career yet so online etc could be a shit show for all I know. It also seems to be full of shitty features that nobody really wants but maybe that's me being old.

But the actual game is great

Have you played the story mode as well - Braking Point 2? 

It's good fun, something a little different. A little too easy in some of the objectives on default difficulty.  I hope F1 2024 expands on it to flesh out a full story over a full 20+ races.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Have you played the story mode as well - Braking Point 2? 

It's good fun, something a little different. A little too easy in some of the objectives on default difficulty.  I hope F1 2024 expands on it to flesh out a full story over a full 20+ races.

Nope I haven't tried that yet but I"ll give it a go

On 28/03/2024 at 13:01, Stevo985 said:

It also seems to be full of shitty features that nobody really wants but maybe that's me being old.

What features don't you like? I think you can just avoid them if you want?

I didn't like the fact that if i didn't want to do qualifying because i like starting at the back of the grid, then i lose acclaim by skipping it. You also couldn't skip the practice mini-game if you wanted the resource points.  But i guess the game would be too easy if you could get all the points by skipping practice and qualifying. 

Just now, ender4 said:

What features don't you like? I think you can just avoid them if you want?

I didn't like the fact that if i didn't want to do qualifying because i like starting at the back of the grid, then i lose acclaim by skipping it. You also couldn't skip the practice mini-game if you wanted the resource points.  But i guess the game would be too easy if you could get all the points by skipping practice and qualifying. 

No the features in career mode are great. I meant all the other part of the game like F1 world and all the online points and stuff to buy and all that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No the features in career mode are great. I meant all the other part of the game like F1 world and all the online points and stuff to buy and all that.

Ah yes, i also ignored all that nonsense.

• Like 1

Â