Football Shirt Framing

villaajax

Not sure if this is the correct place but I didn't feel it fitted the main football boards.

Has anyone had any experience with getting shirts framed or using kits to do so?

Depends what you want. If you just want a cheap job done, there's loads of places. I've had a couple of things framed by Adam and team at Sportsframes in Wellingborough (no representatives there though). They do everything bespoke but they really care about doing it properly. Most places will brutalise the shirt with staples or sticky tape but these guys manage to hang the shirt inside the frame in a way that if you ever took it out again, it would still be like new. Wouldn't go anywhere else if I had some sporting memorabilia that needed framing. Not cheap but will last.

I can only find one of the things they've done for me on their twitter feed as the rest were too long ago but a quick scroll through their work will give you a sense of what they can do.

Edited by choffer
Typo
  • Like 2

I personally wouldn’t ever get anything too precious or valuable framed. Like @choffer said, I wouldn’t want them destroying the shirt. I did get a couple of signed replica shirts framed from a place near me in Halesowen though. 

I think they’ve done a decent job, but when they asked me if I wanted the whole shirt on display or to have it folded to just show the badge and autographs, I wish I’d chosen the latter. Apart from the fact a smaller frame would have been cheaper, it’s far bigger than it needs to be. The ‘score draw’ logo bothers me too.

I also regret not waiting to get a few of the missing autographs before rushing to get them framed. 

IMG_1111.thumb.jpeg.4e7f95aa3b53000113f004e0fd2958e0.jpeg

• Like 2

Â