Parking advice required please

wedge

I've been to the Bridge loads of times but have always used public transport as I'm usually well-oiled. However, I was hoping a West London-based VT'er might be able to offer some advice regarding parking for the upcoming cup game there on Friday 26th. I've got work on the Saturday morning so need as quick an exit as possible by car after the game to get home as early as I can, I ideally want to try and avoid tube queues and getting stuck in post-match traffic gridlock afterwards if at all possible. I'm Wiltshire-based so will be on the M4/A4 route, if I'm ever driving into London on a weekend I usually park around West Kensington tube station in one of the residential streets off the North End Road as the parking controls for on-street parking bays are only active 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. I'd like to arrive earlier than 5pm on the day of the game really so that would run the risk of a parking ticket which is annoying as it's easily walkable to Stamford Bridge from there.

Does anyone know of any decent car parks within walking distance (don't mind walking up to 25-30 mins back to the car after the game) that would be suitable for a Friday afternoon that for 4-5 hours wouldn't be extortionate price-wise and an easy getaway back to the A4?

Edited by wedge

You could park around the Barons Court area. There are parking restrictions in place until 5pm but you can pay to park on the street for an hour or so. It's a half hour walk from the ground ( know as I live in the area and got my covid booster at Stamford Bridge). You'd also be prime to get straight on to the A4 from the Hammersmith Flyover. 

That's my view anyway mate - hope it helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigVik said:

You could park around the Barons Court area. There are parking restrictions in place until 5pm but you can pay to park on the street for an hour or so. It's a half hour walk from the ground ( know as I live in the area and got my covid booster at Stamford Bridge). You'd also be prime to get straight on to the A4 from the Hammersmith Flyover. 

That's my view anyway mate - hope it helps!

Really appreciate that mate, will do that, cheers!

Hey 

same question for me except I’ll be coming in from the m40/a40 so it would be easy enough to get to Barons Court. 
My main question though having never tried to park in central London is are all the roads in and around Barons Court available to be parked on ? 

Â