When a topic moves forum

fightoffyour

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Your place in that topic is lost. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Been bugging me for ages, a play topic moves to Other Football say and you lose the, ahem, thread.

This does not happen for me. Please follow the advice at the top of this forum.

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It happens to me as well to be fair. I've never experimented to fix it but if you're struggling I can test it to see if it fixes it for me

In case you were asking me, please clear cookies and cache. If that doesn't work, try another browser then try another device. If it still doesn't work, I need to know bout your device and browser(s).

TL;DR read the info at the top of this forum :mrgreen:

Just now, limpid said:

In case you were asking me, please clear cookies and cache. If that doesn't work, try another browser then try another device. If it still doesn't work, I need to know bout your device and browser(s).

TL;DR read the info at the top of this forum :mrgreen:

I wasn't really. I know the instructions I just never felt it was enough of an issue to look into.

I'm offering to help @fightoffyour if he can't fix it to see if it's an isolated incident

• Like 1

Won't Incognito mode have the same effect as clearing cookies and cache? I don't particularly want to clear all of my cookies and cache.

Anyway I've been using a new Macbook for about 6 months as well as various new devices over the years which would have no cookies or cache initially and I've never had topics that are moved ever resume at the right place - whether clicking on the topic title with the correct settings or on the circle/star next to it for exactly that function. I just thought that wasn't a feature of the forum, which is why I posed the question.

Appreciate that it works for you and the instructions to fix problems are clear though.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Won't Incognito mode have the same effect as clearing cookies and cache? I don't particularly want to clear all of my cookies and cache.

Anyway I've been using a new Macbook for about 6 months as well as various new devices over the years which would have no cookies or cache initially and I've never had topics that are moved ever resume at the right place - whether clicking on the topic title with the correct settings or on the circle/star next to it for exactly that function. I just thought that wasn't a feature of the forum, which is why I posed the question.

Appreciate that it works for you and the instructions to fix problems are clear though.

Just clear the cookies for VillaTalk.com, not everything.