Excel File Corrupting on Macbook - any ideas?

Stevo985

I've got an Excel file that I created on my work laptop (windows). However it's for personal use (FPL league).

So I sent it to my macbook so I could use it without having to use my work laptop and at first it opened fine. But now when I try to open it it's corrupted and after a repair all the shapes/pictures I used to make my tables/graphics have disappeared.

I tried going back to an older version of the file and sent that but the same thing happened again. Everything still opens fine on my work laptop so it only seems to corrupt once it's on the macbook.

Anyone got any ideas what's causing this? I don't really want to create the file from scratch on my mac, but I also don't want to have to always use my work laptop to use the file

Cheers Tony. It's possible.

The weird thing is when I first open it it works fine. Shows all the objects and everything fine.

IT's when I save it and reopen it that suddenly it's corrupted.

I'll give that a go though

I've got a Macbook at home ( and windows pc here at the office)  ... if you want I'm happy to try and open it on my mac at home later .. see if I get the same problem as you , might at least give you a pointer as to it being the file or a setting in your excel  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I've got a Macbook at home ( and windows pc here at the office)  ... if you want I'm happy to try and open it on my mac at home later .. see if I get the same problem as you , might at least give you a pointer as to it being the file or a setting in your excel  

Cheers. I'll try your suggestion above and if I'm still having issues I'll give you a shout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Might as well be a vegan

tbf i bought it for my daughter as the school make them use iPad and Macs for their coursework .. probably explains why she's such a feminist though :) 

• Haha 1

Â