Suggestion - 3 'featured' matches rather than 2?

ender4

Question

Hi, 

Not sure of this is the place to post suggestions so apologies if it's not. 

Just a thought i had, with Villa playing 2 matches a week virtually every week this season, i wonder if we could have 3 'featured' matches in the sub-menu rather than 2?

So under the Football section, we usually have 5 sub-forums:

Villa Talk - on topic chat

Team name 1 - The match we just played

Team name 2 - The upcoming match

Other Football

Supporters Clubs

I wonder if we could have 6 sub-forums, with Villa Talk, Team 1 (last match played), Team 2 (upcoming match), Team 3 (upcoming match also in the next few days), Other Football, Supporters Clubs.  That way everyone can start chat about the second match that week at the same time. I know people can start that chat anyway, but they'd have to search out the second upcoming match rather than it just being there visible on the main page.

Ignore me if it's a stupid suggestion or extra work for the mods!

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Hi, 

Not sure of this is the place to post suggestions so apologies if it's not. 

Just a thought i had, with Villa playing 2 matches a week virtually every week this season, i wonder if we could have 3 'featured' matches in the sub-menu rather than 2?

So under the Football section, we usually have 5 sub-forums:

Villa Talk - on topic chat

Team name 1 - The match we just played

Team name 2 - The upcoming match

Other Football

Supporters Clubs

I wonder if we could have 6 sub-forums, with Villa Talk, Team 1 (last match played), Team 2 (upcoming match), Team 3 (upcoming match also in the next few days), Other Football, Supporters Clubs.  That way everyone can start chat about the second match that week at the same time. I know people can start that chat anyway, but they'd have to search out the second upcoming match rather than it just being there visible on the main page.

Ignore me if it's a stupid suggestion or extra work for the mods!

We didn't do this when we were playing three games a week in the Champoinship. However, it does already happen sometimes when matches are close together (Christmas / New Year / post virus).

You'll notice that the "just played" one isn't there at the moment as it gets moved when the "next match" gets added.

People used to complain that there were too many forums on the front page - that might have changed. Let's see what feedback there is in this thread.