Windows 10 Viewing question

PussEKatt

I have a Windows 10 laptop and I would like to have the choice of using a TV or the laptop screen to view.I know I can connect the laptop to a TV using HDMI but what I want to know is.Once my laptop is connected to the TV with HDMI,can I switch between HDMI and the laptop screen without too much mucking about ? 

Yes. The TV is “just” a second display. You can set the second display to mirror the laptop screen (both show the same thing) or to extend the desktop (so the TV acts like it’s, well, joined to the edge of your laptop screen).  I think it’s all fettlable via control panel, or the settings app, or just a right click on the desktop and then the drop-down for display settings. Not got a win10 pc to check from.

Yep, right click and "Display Settings"

There's a tick box if you scroll down for "Duplicate this display". If that's clicked then the screen is duplicated on both. IF not then the TV will be an extension. So you can have everything on your laptop screen and then drag anything you want to the tv screen to view there

Â