Windsor framework

Johnnyp

On 28/02/2023 at 11:40, avfc1982 said:

If there was a vote in the North for unification my worry would be catholics voting to stay in the UK. There’s a lot to be said for the NHS etc. My cousins in Ireland need to pay more than €50 just to see a doctor, and I think even more for a visit to A&E. These are the things that ordinary people think of when they worry about which country they want to live in. 

For accuracy, over a third of the people have free GP care through the medical card. Durong the recession I think it went up to 45%.

If you qualify you get it. My daughter also has Free GP visits. If anybody I'm Ireland needs a doctor they will get one within a few days generally. No long waits.

It is just a different system and it is a lot better than we like to admit! 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2023 at 14:20, villa89 said:

So we can safely conclude the claim is bollocks. 

There will be a lot of pro United Ireland propaganda (most of which will be lies) funded by Sinn Fein/IRA if it ever gets as far as a poll. They have more wealth than any other political party by miles and plenty more "donations" available if needed. The truth will be lost in the wash and I expect a border poll might actually result in a Yes for a united Ireland. The mess that would ensue after that doesn't bear thinking about.

Gerald of Wales, the twelfth century propagandist of the English invasion of Ireland, has a lot to answer for. 

Â