Website is different

Villaphan04

Question

My website is completely out of sorts and not the usual view. Not sure what is happening but everything is jumbled and in an almost unviewable format. This on 2 different computers and my phone which is 3 different browsers. I've tried clearing cache & cookies, but it's gotten me nowhere. Not sure what else to try?

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

My website is completely out of sorts and not the usual view. Not sure what is happening but everything is jumbled and in an almost unviewable format. This on 2 different computers and my phone which is 3 different browsers. I've tried clearing cache & cookies, but it's gotten me nowhere. Not sure what else to try?

Do you mean VillaTalk is "out of sorts"?

If so another user has reported the same, but it's clearly only affecting a small number of users.

Which ISP are you using and does it happen if you use mobile data instead of wifi?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you mean VillaTalk is "out of sorts"?

If so another user has reported the same, but it's clearly only affecting a small number of users.

Which ISP are you using and does it happen if you use mobile data instead of wifi?

okay, not exactly sure what happened in the 45 minutes since I posted this, but everything returned to normal. It was quite weird because this was what the site looked like for me for most of the weekend. I was using mobile data on my phone. 

I wasn't sure it was the same issue as the other thread but everything's now cleared up. Cheers!

34 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

okay, not exactly sure what happened in the 45 minutes since I posted this, but everything returned to normal. It was quite weird because this was what the site looked like for me for most of the weekend. I was using mobile data on my phone. 

I wasn't sure it was the same issue as the other thread but everything's now cleared up. Cheers!

It's cleared for the other user that reported it too.

Glad it worked itself out. I did clear the caches on the server side, but it is unlikely that fixed an issue affecting so few people.

9 hours ago, limpid said:

It's cleared for the other user that reported it too.

Glad it worked itself out. I did clear the caches on the server side, but it is unlikely that fixed an issue affecting so few people.

Just for info, the site was working fine on mobile (via wi-fi and 4G) for me, yesterday, but not on my Mac (3 browsers tried Safari, Waterfox, Chrome) Monterey OS on wi-fi. Symptoms as reported up thread - basically almost a text only site with all graphical elements missing. It's fine today.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, blandy said:

Just for info, the site was working fine on mobile (via wi-fi and 4G) for me, yesterday, but not on my Mac (3 browsers tried Safari, Waterfox, Chrome) Monterey OS on wi-fi. Symptoms as reported up thread - basically almost a text only site with all graphical elements missing. It's fine today.

Thanks blandy. I think we'll have to chalk it down to one of those things. It's possible those affected is on the same ISP or Tier 1, but I don't have that data. There was no drop in visitor numbers so I don't think this was a general thing.