Evil Dead: The Game

leemond2008

Evil Dead: The Game PS4 | Smyths Toys UK

Anyone else going to be getting on this?

These days I only play Dead by Daylight and that is really only when my mate is only so we can **** about and have a laugh while playing.

The Evil Dead game sounds similar in that it is a 4v1 Asymmetrical horror (Ash is actually a character in Dead by Daylight) so I was interested in this and I bought it on release day yesterday.

I only had a few games with my mate last night but its great fun and actually nothing at all like DBD, you start off by going looting, stocking up on weapons and ammo, before you go hunting out for objects to bring on the endgame, all the time the Demon is setting traps, planting portals and possessing things to try and stop you in your tracks, the demon plays as more of a dungeon master who orchestrates the chaos.

As a huge fan of the entire Evil Dead franchise I thought it was brilliant, its got all of the characters, there are 4 versions of Ash (from ED 1, 2, Army of Darkness and the Ash vs The ED series) Kelly, Pablo, Lord Arthur, Henry the Red and loads more, all the deadites are there is force as well (including Henrietta) and given that it is an ED game you can imagine the gore comes thick and fast as do the one liners, there is an absolute boatload of weapons available from Ash's chainsaw and boomstick to swords, shovels and meat cleavers.

Today I've been focusing on the missions to unlock the additional characters and it is unforgiving, you can be right at the end and if you die its back to the start with no checkpoints, I've done 4 out of the 5 and with each one it unlocks a little bit of the story for people who haven't seen the films before as well as unlocking the characters.

My mate has never seen any of the films and he loved it as well, I don't know what the longevity of the game will be like but there is plenty that they can do and it is nice to have an alternative to Dead by Daylight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this one is on my list because...well its Evil Dead innit 😎

It definitely has Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th vibes and I regularly dip into both of those now and again.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah this one is on my list because...well its Evil Dead innit 😎

It definitely has Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th vibes and I regularly dip into both of those now and again.

To be honest, aside from the 4v1 aspect it shares nothing else with DBD.

DBD is slowly dying now anyway, playing killer is a miserable experience these days, I only ever play as survivor now.

• Like 1

even though no one else has picked up this game yet, I thought I'd stop off to give a little update.

I've been playing as the demon and my god it was tough to start off with, I was getting slaughtered then I figured out a better strategy to help me level up faster and I've just got two wins on the trot.

I think that the demon will become my favourite game mode, you basically have to traverse the map (in the classic Evil Dead cam) and collect energy, first and foremost you want to find the survivors ASAP and rather than just going balls to the wall and trying to kill them you want to set as many traps as possible to get their fear levels up, you do this by setting scare traps which cause a few low level deadites to jump out at them, possessing the loot crates with either Ash's hand or mini Ash's or you can possess tree's and cars, as your threat level increases you can power up the demon which results in you being able to call on the boss, you want to hope you can level up before end game otherwise you pretty much won't stand a chance.

Henrietta is an absolute beast, I haven't really tried with Evil Ash or Eligos yet, they look fun but whenever I've played as survivor they are the ones that I always go up against so I thought I'd go against the grain 

Didn't even know this was a thing, absolutely next on my list after Ghost of Tsushima then. Think I've played just about every Evil Dead game ever (and yeah admittedly they have all been varying degrees of middling), I ain't breaking that streak now.

Like the man says...

On 14/05/2022 at 22:20, Designer1 said:

its Evil Dead innit

Â