Smoking Area access issue

Guest av1

This relates to yesterdays game but I thought I’d put it here because It’s potentially a problem at any game. 

As a smoker I take advantage of the smoking area in the Holte End at half time, and yesterday I witnessed 3 people jumping over the barrier to gain access to the game. 

As well as the issue of entering the stadium without tickets, there is also the issue of covid status, as unlike the fans that did have a ticket these 3 gentlemen that jumped the barrier obviously did not have to show a pass. 

I did report this to a steward who called for back up, but I think this is part of the problem, in an area housing potential hundreds of fans, there were only about 4 stewards making access for the 3 intruders very very easy. 

As I said above, I too am a smoker and think the smoker area is a very good idea, but based on the events of yesterday, half time security around this area is no way sufficient. 

I have emailed the club so I hope they introduce better security measures. 

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

They can't even police the obvious smoking/vaping in the stands and toilets let alone outside 

Mate I agree, and even as a smoker people doing so in the stands/toilets always annoys me and shows a lack of respect, going 90mins without a fag isn’t hard. 

But that’s why I like the smoker area, it allows me to have smoke, and hopefully deters the idiots using the toilets. But yesterday was worrying, one of the guys was actually trying to sweet talk the steward into letting him in before just pushing past her. 

So so easy to get in. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You know that their response is more likely to be to stop doing it altogether rather than more staff don’t you

Possibly, although as I said above, I think it deters lots of idiots using the toilets. 

In principle a smoking area is a good idea, it’s just not manned properly. 

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Where would these 3 people watch the game from once inside?   It’s not like there were any spare seats anywheee.

Just go to the back of Holte, no one is seated. 

On 16/01/2022 at 11:16, av1 said:

Mate I agree, and even as a smoker people doing so in the stands/toilets always annoys me and shows a lack of respect, going 90mins without a fag isn’t hard. 

But that’s why I like the smoker area, it allows me to have smoke, and hopefully deters the idiots using the toilets. But yesterday was worrying, one of the guys was actually trying to sweet talk the steward into letting him in before just pushing past her. 

So so easy to get in. 

The club now have a dedicated complaints number for match days, Text 60060 and state your complaint , Anti Social Behaviour, Homophobic, Racism etc with the location/block/row/seat etc and they have to investigate as its an official complaint that’s logged and requires a response.

It goes to the control room in the corner of the ground that operates the cameras  

You can also write to fancomplaints@avfc.co.uk 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â