Giants News

kkr

I want him to stay too, he will basically step in for Tollefson on a situational basis to begin which is a nice upgrade. Just gives us another body to rotate on the dline to keep us fresh.

Speaking of fresh I think Rocky Bernard and Jimmy Kennedy had a good game yesterday too and are doing a good job in rotation.

ei05xx.gif

24572.jpg

10080415-large.jpg

So thats the "best corner in the league" with safety help who cant cover Victor Cruz, but more than that has to commit pass interfereance in the process which wasnt called.

Nice no call on the facemask by the safety too.

@MikeGarafolo Manningham asked by @NYPost_Schwartz about Giants WR trio w him, Nicks + Smith vs one now with Cruz: "I like this one better." Hey-oh! #nyg

Mario cleared for Sunday! Be nice to get one of Osi and Prince back too. I think Prince might be a few games yet still so time for Osi to stop being a bitch.

TomRock_Newsday Tom Rock

According to the Giants, Manning has thrown 81 TD passes on the road, 81 at home. What's more ...his record as a starter is 31-22 at home and 31-22 on the road.

That's just freaky!

Giants RE Osi Umenyiora (knee) is "50-50" to play in Week 4, a source tells beat writer Ralph Vacchiano.

Umenyiora has been eying Sunday's game against the Cardinals, but he'll have to test his knee in practice first and get the swelling out. Jason Pierre-Paul has been dominant in Osi's absence, recording 4 1/2 sacks and 17 tackles in three games.

True, shame we almost lost the game because he is soft against the run and the Cards ran left all day. Situational pass rusher now for me, if we can get Tuck healthy then he and JPP start. Rotate Osi in on 2nd/3rd and long.

Good reading on this cowboys board here!

Love how the glimmer of hope they had was taken away. The are killing Romo all over Dallas nation right now, even Deon Sanders has said to get rid!

He isn't a popular QB with other fans. There was obviously the issue with refusing to playing for whales vagina which didn't sit too well with people, plus last years well documented turnover fest which gave people the perception that he is rubbish and can't lead his team whereas in reality we were a 10 win team 8 minutes away from winning the division and of the 25 picks approx 10 are not Elis fault.

He is a poor imitation of his brother is the other knock on the guy and Peyton has his haters too so add that onto the list of reasons to hate him. The biggest reason though IMO as to why he gets a lot of hate is because despite all the criticism he is actually a very good QB. One capable of winning it all and the only QB in history to drive his team down for the winning TD in the Super Bowl when anything less meant defeat.

People like to overlook that fact as well as many comeback wins and hate because they are jealous and have to put faith in the inferior product starting for their teams. He is by far the best QB in the NFC East, it's not even close.

That is a fact!

Here are some more facts:

14 receptions, 206 yards, 2 TDs - Combined stats through 4 weeks for Plax and Steve Smith.

11 receptions, 225 yards, 2 TDs - Victor Cruz's stats through 4 weeks.

He has been superb since the first quarter of week 2. 11 quarters of solid play, if he carries on like this all year we will be in great shape.

Giants sign former Colts CB Justin Tryon, he was the guy who said that Caldwell didn't pick the team when he was cut. Decent corner so hopefully he can transition over from the Colts coverage schemes to ours easily enough.

Also promoted Jim Cordle from practice squad as Bass could miss this week.

Surprisingly we have binned Stokely to make one of these moves. No word on who else we have moved on but I'm hoping that perhaps Stokely is a temporary cut while injured and then get him back in, in a week or two.

I think it's definitely true that if you were picking from the QBs to have started and won a Super Bowl who are active, Eli is the last one you'd want. Whether that says anything, though, I don't know.

But I'd take Brady over Eli.

I'd take Woerthlisrapistberger over Eli (unless I had a daughter who was in college)

I'd take Brees over Eli

I'd take [a healthy] Peyton over Eli

I'd take Rodgers over Eli

He really suffers from that perception, IMO: being the worst of the winners. That's still a damn sight better than the best of the losers like McNabb, Romo, Rivers, Flacco, Sanchez...

Â