Giants News

kkr

Still the Redskins isnt it due to their tiebreaker over us?! Probably would have rather they beat Philli today to but a nail in the Philli coffin, but now their is life back in that team. Hopefully not for long.

For us to be 4-2 at the bye with our injury list is some great work. Need the bye week to get healthy.

"Look into my eyes, I am playing against Miami!" - Justin Tuck to reporters after the game yesterday.

Hopefully we will get Tuck, Snee, Jacobs and Amukamara all back after the bye. That's a nice infusion of talent to add to a team that has had its moments but also struggled some on occasions too.

How about the progression of Jake Ballard also, he keeps making plays and had a great game yesterday.

Run game got going a little although we got stuffed a lot and a big run skewed the stats but it was better and Boothe had a good game, decent backup he is. Baas back helped also.

REINFORCEMENTS HAVE ARRIVED!

Tuck, Snee, Amukamara, Umenyiora, Phillips, Hynoski, Jacobs & PUP Barden practice

Elsewhere in the NFC East, Tim Hightower torn ACL done for the year. Santana Moss had surgery on his broken hand, out anywhere from 3-7 weeks. Sadly the Eagles got a load of players back from injury too including stud DE Trent Cole. Dallas seem healthy too so maybe a tough NFC East matchup this weekend will take care of that!

All i want from the Dolphins game is a win and no injuries. Back to work this week, lets get it!

Who you rooting against the weekend Kurt? Im rooting against Dallas.

2-0 dallas in overtime would do me! Doesn't matter if we don't beat the Phins though.

Chris Cooley has been shutdown by the Redskins who play the Bills this week. Perfect scenario come about 05:00 Monday morning is the Giants at 5-2 with a two game lead over the 3-4 Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins.

I am working all week and weekend but finish at 17:00 Sunday so will then have the Giants Dolphins game at 18:00 followed by the Bills Redskins at 21:00 and then SNF Eagles Cowboys at 01:20 with no work on Monday!

Although thinking about it dont the clocks go back this week meaning kickoff will come forward an hour until the States adjust? Following weekend iirc?

Brandon Marshall has guaranteed victory for the Dolphins, guess they plan to abuse us with the no huddle. Hope we have an answer for that, but to be honest if we dont turn the ball over then we should win the game.

He needs a run game badly! We were 30th in the league and that was before the 50-60 yard outing today. Woeful.

If we find a run game we would be a very potent on offense.

For some reason I thought we'd played 8 games, not 7.

Anyways, 5-4 for the rest of the season should be enough I think. That would mean for anyone else to win the division they'd need to go 7-2/8-1 which isn't likely I don't think. We finish with 4 out of the last 5 at home thanks to us playing the Jets on the 'road'.

Playing with broken arm, Giants lose CB Tryon for season

| More Print

4:15 PM, October 31, 2011 ι By PAUL SCHWARTZ

The season-ending loss of Giants reserve cornerback Justin Tryon doesn’t seem like that big a deal in terms of how the team operates on defense and special teams, but the fact that Tryon, who needed surgery on Monday to stabilize his broken right arm, is gone will have a ripple-effect that certainly won’t help.

“Here we go again,’’ Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. “We had a guy who finally had some experience playing on the defensive side of the ball, has been counted on for special teams, so here we go.’’

Coughlin marveled how Tryon, a fourth-year defensive back who played for the Redskins and Colts and signed Oct. 4 by the Giants, was able to play into the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 20-17 victory over the Dolphins with what the team later learned was a broken arm he suffered much earlier in the game.

He was placed on season-ending injured reserve Monday.

Before he got hurt, Tryon was having his best game for the Giants, deflecting away a pass intended for the Dolphins’ Brian Hartline in the third quarter then coming up with the special teams play of the game with 3:35 remaining. Tryon, with his right arm already broken, as a gunner raced downfield on Steve Weatherford’s 55-yard punt and tackled Reggie Bush for a return of minus-4 yards.

Coughlin grew emotional when describing the way Tryon stayed on the field despite the injury and how he reacted to the news his arm was broken.

“One thing I would like to mention to you is (a) young man by the name of Justin Tryon who literally played two-and-a-half quarters perhaps with a broken arm,’’ Coughlin said. “In so doing the final punt, Steve Weatherford with a booming 55 yard punt that quite frankly I was extremely nervous about because of the guy back there catching the punt. When he caught the ball, it was 55 yards down the field, and Justin arrived on the spot and wrapped him up and held on for dear life, held on until he got some help, and it ended up being a minus-4 return right there. Instead of being decent field position with an exceptional athlete returning it ended up being a net 59-yard punt and a guy with a broken arm that eventually became quite a serious broken arm made the play that sometimes goes unnoticed. The gunners in that situation have not always come through for us and this kid did.

“The other thing I appreciated and I take my hat off to him, as I was standing close by as the doctors were showing him and talking to him about his injury he didn’t want to hear about it. He said ‘When can I play? Can I play again? Just put a cast on it and I’ll play again.’ That was something to hear a young man talk like that, how bad he wanted to play. It was quite an inspiration for me listening to that.’’

Asked how it was that Tryon continued playing with a broken arm that no doubt got worse on the final punt play, Coughlin said, “No one really noticed it and he wasn’t about to let anyone know. It was probably fractured and the rest of it was taken care of by the next play.’’

Tryon lately received increased playing time on defense as the Giants searched for players with experience. With Tryon on the field, safety Deon Grant was able to move much closer to the line of scrimmage to help against the run rather than play a deep safety position. The move also took rookie linebacker Jacquian Williams off the field. He has been responsible for several missed assignments that led to big plays in the running game.

Other injuries coming out of the game:

Coughlin on WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), “I haven’t heard, I’m sure it’s going to be day to day or however they want to say it.’’

C David Baas had to leave the field briefly with when his knee took a pounding: “It’s structurally sound but it’s sore,’’ Coughlin said. Baas said his knee hurt worse Monday than it did Sunday.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw was forced out in the second half with a foot problem but was able to return. “He’s sore,’’ Coughlin said.

link

Was a great play on Reggie Bush that by Tryon made even more impressive by the fact that his arm was broken. He had been seeing more time and was improving so its a shame he is now lost to IR but he looks like a good pickup and will be back next season no doubt.

Time for the Prince to step up and get on the field, although id look into picking up Leigh Bodden who was cut by the PATs, especially as we play them this week!

Report: Hakeem Nicks’ hamstring is “all good”

Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2011, 6:38 PM EDT

Miami Dolphins v New York Giants Getty Images

The Giants improved to 5-2 with a 20-17 win over the Dolphins on Sunday, but got some potentially bad news late in the contest when top wide receiver Hakeem Nicks left the game with a hamstring injury.

Nicks said after the game that he didn’t think he would be able to play against the Patriots in Week Nine, but the news is better on Monday. Nicks had an MRI and a source with knowledge of the exam told Mike Garofalo of the Newark Star-Ledger that Nicks’ hamstring is “all good.”

Coach Tom Coughlin described Nicks as “day-to-day” during his meeting with the media, which will probably remain the case as no structural damage doesn’t necessarily mean Nicks won’t run into problems between now and Sunday.

With the Patriots struggling to stop teams from moving the ball through the air, Nicks’ presence would obviously be a huge boon to the Giants offense. Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham have been having good seasons, but the attention paid to Nicks helps them find openings in the defense.

With all three and Eli Manning performing at a high level, the Giants have a much better chance to start the varsity portion of their schedule with a victory.

Great News!

TC is giving it the day to day line, but if he can be good to go this weekend then we should hopefully move the ball nicely on the PATs D, id like to generate a running game though. It has to get going at some point surely!?

Tweets:

@TBone8 TC said he obviously wants to fix "untimelyness" of penalties that have hindered running game & put offense in long down & distances. #nyg

@TBone8 TC not looking at offense being solely pass oriented even if it's best option. "You'd like to think we can get back to basic runs." #nyg

@TBone8 TC "wasn't pleased" w/ running game. "We didn't move anybody. Didn't block anybody, for whatever reason...we need the balance." #nyg

@TBone8 TC only wants to focus on the now & doesn't even want to bring up '07 Super Bowl. To a man, when asked today they've all said the same. #nyg

TC on Jacobs: "He needs to play and he needs to get back to work."

Tuck said he was very sore today, but had nothing he would consider a setback.

The loss of Justin Tryon is huge, as he had moved into that slot role. Don't be surprise if it expedites Amukamara's return.

MikeGarafolo Mike Garafolo

Doubling back on Hakeem Nicks to make sure I'm clear. As I wrote, he plans to play but we're 6 days + lots of hurdles away. Stay tuned. #nyg

Both teams this week are flawed defensively so you are probably right, although we are better against the pass (not by much mind!) than they are but we cant stop the run for beans.

I think we can go there and win but it would be the biggest challenge of the year so far and ergo the biggest win with a huge amount of momentum if we could pull it off.

Hopefully we play press man coverage which served the Steelers so well last week and then with our pass rush we can generate some heat so long as we dont go down big early and allow them to constantly gash us with law firm etc. With Perry Fewell game planning though, **** knows!

AdMHIYpCAAEU7Oc.jpg

Â