Steam Deck

villarule123

13 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Thinking of getting one. Anybody else got any experience?

I do. Got one a couple of months ago. Real handy when travelling or as I. Our case, as entertainment on our fishing trips. 

Early on I played a lot at home as well. Good piece of kit, and I haven't even tapped into emulation yet. 

I installed a 1Tb SSD to replace the 64gb one I got. 

I am contemplating selling it though, not because I am unhappy with it, but I am starting flight school in October and aiming to get my PPL, so looking towards freeing up some money for that.

Edited by daft
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daft said:

I do. Got one a couple of months ago. Real handy when travelling or as I. Our case, as entertainment on our fishing trips. 

Early on I played a lot at home as well. Good piece of kit, and I haven't even tapped into emulation yet. 

I installed a 1Tb SSD to replace the 64gb one I got. 

I am contemplating selling it though, not because I am unhappy with it, but I am starting flight school in October and aiming to get my PPL, so looking towards freeing up some money for that.

Is it easy to install a hard drive? Would that be a cheaper way of doing it? I think I definitely want one (for Hogwarts and other games) to save me being sat at my laptop.

Flight school, awesome! Good luck man! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Is it easy to install a hard drive? Would that be a cheaper way of doing it? I think I definitely want one (for Hogwarts and other games) to save me being sat at my laptop.

Flight school, awesome! Good luck man! 

Well, on paper it was trivial. However, I experienced some issues with the screws Valve used. They are extremely sensitive, and I think I striped one of them, and it took some effort to get it out despite using proper screw drivers of the right size. Once that was done it was very easy, if a little fiddly. But well worth doing. Get the 64Gb and then buy a new SSD separately and install. Saves you some money.

You and I have been on here for ages, you want me to give you a shout if I decide to sell? 

Yeah, I am hyped beyond all reason to get started. :D

Edited by daft

23 hours ago, daft said:

Well, on paper it was trivial. However, I experienced some issues with the screws Valve used. They are extremely sensitive, and I think I striped one of them, and it took some effort to get it out despite using proper screw drivers of the right size. Once that was done it was very easy, if a little fiddly. But well worth doing. Get the 64Gb and then buy a new SSD separately and install. Saves you some money.

You and I have been on here for ages, you want me to give you a shout if I decide to sell? 

Yeah, I am hyped beyond all reason to get started. :D

If you need any tips on flight school let me know. I did a ppl a long time ago. Before kids, which scuppered me on the flying front.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

If you need any tips on flight school let me know. I did a ppl a long time ago. Before kids, which scuppered me on the flying front.

Awesome! Yeah, I'll probably pick you up on that, thanks! 

Kids have that tendency. 😅 My son just turned 18 and is looking forward to flying with me some day. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If anyone has one, could I just ask, how does it deal with mouse input? I tend to use my console for action-y type games, and my PC with Steam for strategy type games, requiring a mouse. Is it only good for joypad games?

Â