Weekends Football 3/5 May

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d quite happily take the next 29 years of suffering for Aston Villa if it also included 1 Champions League title, 1 UEFA cup (or equivalent), 3 FA cups, 4 league cups and generally having the media back you at every available opportunity.

I don’t get why everyone cares about the media so much. I couldn’t give a shit if we’re mentioned or not. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t get why everyone cares about the media so much. I couldn’t give a shit if we’re mentioned or not. 

I don’t care if Villa are mentioned or not. But it’s incessant with Liverpool, more so than any other club I think. On this front, I really don’t have an issue with any other club, but with Liverpool it’s been there for as long as I can remember. Impartiality goes out the window for some reason when it comes to them. Jose acts like a word removed, he’s more or less labelled a word removed. Klopp acts like a word removed, he’s a “character”. That type of thing. The amount they’re discussed is slightly irritating, but it’s the positive bias towards them that grates more.

As for your earlier point about knowing Liverpool supporters, I don’t know many Liverpool supporters. Those I have met have generally been sound, happy to talk to them about football.

It’s the sheer numbers that apparently live near me who all flood in when they’re playing in the latter stages of Europe or are playing Man City or something. It’s a petty complaint, but it’s irritating. 

Maybe you’re just in a fairly Liverpool free catchment area. As a non scientific example, when the local pub by me puts the football on, really only three teams are likely to fill it - Liverpool, Man Utd and since they’ve found a bit of success, Wolves.

• Like 1

Â