Broken page layouts on mobile?

Chindie

Question

This is only a minor thing but thought it worth mentioning. I've noticed for a while that some pages will appear to have broken layout/wrapping on mobile browsers. I'm not sure if this affects desktops as well as I've currently not got access to a PC.

It manifests as pages being extended greatly horizontally. The actual layout of the page is the same as completely readable, it's just you can scroll into empty space to the right. It's similar to the effect you used to get if people posted massive strings of consecutive text. It also affects the notification system, the menu will be pushed way off to the right and clicking the 'likes' to a page will be bounced further up it.

I think this might be fairly easy fix as the other thing I've noticed is it mostly affects pages @bickster posts on so wonder if it's a problem with a signature or something?

Hopefully not just me that's spotted it!

8Y9209v.jpg

Android

Chrome

Cache cleared.

Edited by Chindie

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

Please read the bit in red at the top of this forum and confirm that it still happens after you've cleared cookies and cache and included the requested info.

(signatures get cached)

Thanks

Done. Still happens.

If you are reporting a problem with the web site please clear your browser's cache and cookies and preferably test using another browser and if you are mobile test a wifi connection. Include the OS and browser you are using in your post.

Were you able to try with a different network connection or device?  Did you try another browser? These steps are to try and identify if it is only affecting you.

Could you supply a link where this happens and one where it doesn't?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, limpid said:

@Chindie

Okay, I've found something caused by that @bickster not knowing how to work his browser (use paste as plain text when quoting).

Please post some examples of other links with this behaviour and I'll see if there's a way to block them completely.

Thank you.

Some other links

Tory thread

Vegan thread

I think the vegan thread there shows its not just Bickster :)

it's not the biggest problem in the world, it doesn't really hamper browsing much but I wondered if anyone else had noticed, or if it might be symptomatic of a bigger problem.

• Like 1