Long weekend break for 50th birthdays.

brommy

Currently investigating flights for a Friday to Monday (2nd August to 5th August 2019) city break for two couples to celebrate the 50th birthdays of myself and my best mate of 40+ years. Ideally less than £200 per return flight. Can’t find anything to suit the dates and cost from BHX so looks like it might need to be from MAN or LHR (prefer to avoid LGW and the other ‘London’ airports). Already visited several of the typical European cities (Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Sienna, Lucca, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne) so slightly less to choose from. 

So far Lisbon from MAN is the only option I have found that has decent flight times on the dates and is apparently worth a visit. 

Any advice on whether Lisbon at the start of August (up to 32 C is okay) is worth a 3 night visit for two couples (50, 49, 50, 47)?

Any other city destinations that meet the above criteria would also be appreciated. ?

i havent checked for decent flight times but looking at skyscanner for the 1st weekend in august you can do - 

manchester - brussels (£54) Dublin (£54) munich (£130) vienna (£89) oslo (£99) copenhagen (£101) stockholm (£101) 

heathrow - zurich (£80) helsinki (£91) copenhagen (£100) milan (£118) krakow (£178) kiev (£137) sofia (£151) reykjavik (£178) istanbul (£190) 

i think you're mad if you spend £200 each for the flights! you can a lot of places for half that

i personally cant recommend krakow enough, loved it there, the cheapest way of getting there might be brum to katowice and travelling across (about an hour i think) and you might want a car for Auschwitz and the salt mines anyway (might sound weird suggesting Auschwitz for a birthday celebration but its something you'll remember thats for sure)

edit: if its not what you've already done, to skyscanner punch in your departure airport, put "everywhere" as the destination and have a play, cant even remember half the places thats got me to in the last couple of years but its milan from stansted for £28, rabat from stansted for £24 or something like that, heathrow to istanbul £40, brum to dusseldorf to cuba to mexico city to LA back to gatwick for about £350, 1st weekend in december 8 of us going for 3 nights in bucharest from luton with an airbnb for £100 each

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â