Locked Out Ipad

hippo

After a good few years of use - my wifes ipad - suddenly locked her out - saying something about 'find my phone' - she has had a few years and I believe the shop she purchased it from no longer exists.

Apple refuse to do anything until she provides proof of purchase - which after 6 years she doesn't have - A trip to the apple store in brum - same story.

The hardware is fine - but now because the account is locked out - it is unusable  

Any ideas folks ? 

So is it a case of your wife forgetting the passcode to unlock the iPad? 

If so, then it’s bad news if your wife hasn’t been making regular backups. You’ll have to connect to iTunes and and essentially erase the device along with the passcode. If she has made backups then you can restore from these.

what actually appears on screen when trying to get into the device?

Edited by Tayls

16 hours ago, Tayls said:

So is it a case of your wife forgetting the passcode to unlock the iPad? 

If so, then it’s bad news if your wife hasn’t been making regular backups. You’ll have to connect to iTunes and and essentially erase the device along with the passcode. If she has made backups then you can restore from these.

what actually appears on screen when trying to get into the device?

It just asks her to login - with an email address we had about 7 years ago.

I did warn not buy apple - so there is some justification for me ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Very bizarre in a phone call to apple they could see the ipad SN was registered to my wife - yest were still insisting on proof of purchase before assisting my wife. The shop isn't there any more so thats a non starter ! 

A strongly worded letter to the CEO of apple uk  - and they eventually did what they had said all along was impossible without proof of purchase ......very bizzare

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Very bizarre in a phone call to apple they could see the ipad SN was registered to my wife - yest were still insisting on proof of purchase before assisting my wife. The shop isn't there any more so thats a non starter ! 

A strongly worded letter to the CEO of apple uk  - and they eventually did what they had said all along was impossible without proof of purchase ......very bizzare

Shut up and give them more money.

:trollface:

• Like 1

Â