Super Mario Odyssey

Chindie

Reached the 'end' this afternoon. Bit of a more modern way to take the Mario story there I guess... Good though. And it kinda feels like the game has opened up now. Shame I dislike a few worlds a little too much to wander around trying to be completionist...

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Reached the 'end' this afternoon. Bit of a more modern way to take the Mario story there I guess... Good though. And it kinda feels like the game has opened up now. Shame I dislike a few worlds a little too much to wander around trying to be completionist...

I am just on the sand one at the moment. Loving the game so far. 

On 12/29/2017 at 23:51, Chindie said:

How did you go through the game? I am still on the sand kingdom just finding all the moons on this level before moving onto next world. I think I have got something like 45-46

This game is bloody huge but am loving it. Some of the moons are so bloody hard to find. Resisting youtubing it...!

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How did you go through the game? I am still on the sand kingdom just finding all the moons on this level before moving onto next world. I think I have got something like 45-46

This game is bloody huge but am loving it. Some of the moons are so bloody hard to find. Resisting youtubing it...!

I played through levels to the point that I struggled to find more moons and then went onto the next one. You can fairly quickly find enough to move on to the next world and you end up going back to them anyway post game if you want to see beyond the ending, with more moons added in. Some of the levels almost throw moons at you at you, hiding them in plain sight out putting them in very simple puzzles ('we'll give you something if you come back dressed as X' occurs 4 times in one level effectively and similarly every world has a basic moon available if you buy the appropriate costume, for instance).

I'm on 502 moons now. Not played for a few days, a bit burnt out on it. It's a great game though. Whilst it does throw moons at you there are also a fair few that, as far as I can tell, require you to do fairly complex movements. Theres a race on one level that I'm sure requires you to do more complex jumping than usual to stand a chance on the hardest difficulty for example.

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I played through levels to the point that I struggled to find more moons and then went onto the next one. You can fairly quickly find enough to move on to the next world and you end up going back to them anyway post game if you want to see beyond the ending, with more moons added in. Some of the levels almost throw moons at you at you, hiding them in plain sight out putting them in very simple puzzles ('we'll give you something if you come back dressed as X' occurs 4 times in one level effectively and similarly every world has a basic moon available if you buy the appropriate costume, for instance).

I'm on 502 moons now. Not played for a few days, a bit burnt out on it. It's a great game though. Whilst it does throw moons at you there are also a fair few that, as far as I can tell, require you to do fairly complex movements. Theres a race on one level that I'm sure requires you to do more complex jumping than usual to stand a chance on the hardest difficulty for example.

Thanks for that, when you think it was like 120 stars on mario 64 this is x5 the amount! But as you say they do literally throw them at you for some. Some are so annoying and hard like the one on sand kingdom when you have to get all the music notes with that stupid running sand lion and he runs all over the shop. its so frustrating as he keeps running off the stage :bang:

• 2 weeks later...

This game is so addictive, I am only on wooden kingdom but instead of just getting enough moons to get to next world I am just going collecting as many as i can in that kingdom until i fancy moving on. this game is ridiculously good 

3 hours ago, Dick said:

Mine arrived today ! 

Oh mate it is such a bloody good game I am hooked. I am just on Lake Kingdom at the moment need two moons to find for this kingdom before move to next

The one thing that I am not liking is the map, sometimes you cant find the place you are meant to go. otherwise i love this game. it is  a shame you couldn't do a two player with luigi. this would be so good if they did 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh mate it is such a bloody good game I am hooked. I am just on Lake Kingdom at the moment need two moons to find for this kingdom before move to next

The one thing that I am not liking is the map, sometimes you cant find the place you are meant to go. otherwise i love this game. it is  a shame you couldn't do a two player with luigi. this would be so good if they did 

Looking forward to having a go tonight :) 

On 28/11/2017 at 00:32, Chindie said:

This is a bit special.

Only downside so far is I find it controls very slightly awkwardly. Part of that is certainly getting used to the Switch but I don't feel like I have the absolute certainty of control I usually have with a Mario game. 

But 2 hours or so played and yeah... It's very Mario, but very different, and it has that Nintendo edge nobody touches.

Only issue for me too. The controls sometimes a bit all over the place and I fall off edges because of it, even slightly touching the left stick makes Mario lurch that way on a jump. Otherwise it is a sensational game.

8 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Have u got to the point where the weather changes yet?

Yeah it's great isn't it? The moons are a lot harder to find on this level. 

Before moving to fpdifferent worlds I tend to try find all the moons on that particular level.

Â