Floating ad

Lichfield Dean

Question

I am seeing a strange little floating 'x' button in the screen that stays fixed toward the lower right corner as you scroll, and when i look at the source using developer tools there seems to be an empty iframe just below holding a page that loads some javascript from here: 

"//ap.lijit.com/www/delivery/fpi.js?z=491390&width=728&height=90"

which itself seems to be 0 bytes in size.

I don't know how legitimate these are (I think 'lijit' is some kind of advertising company) but the floating 'x' button is annoying and it is concerning if something is being injected into the page.

Further info: I am talking about the full desktop site here, and I'm using a recent build of Chrome on a windows 10 machine. It is possible that something is being blocked somewhere and not showing on my machine hence the empty iframe.

2 answers to this question

Please read the comments in red at the top of the page. Start a new thread for a new issue.

Yes this is an advert. I'm trying some different formats out. If you aren't seeing an advert in it, I suspect it's being blocked and you are stealing from the site :)

If you don't like ads, please consider removing them by visiting the store link at the top of the page.

6 hours ago, limpid said:

Please read the comments in red at the top of the page. Start a new thread for a new issue.

Yes this is an advert. I'm trying some different formats out. If you aren't seeing an advert in it, I suspect it's being blocked and you are stealing from the site :)

If you don't like ads, please consider removing them by visiting the store link at the top of the page.

Just to add to this, I was seeing the floating X too.

Sometimes there was an advert there, sometimes there wasn't, but I certainly wasn't using an ad blocker at the time.

It was internet explorer (not my choice) on a Windows 7 machine.

Didn't bother clearing cache and that because it prompted me to get my act together and buy the ad free version (and donate) so it's gone now.

• Like 1
Â