Quoting embedded quotes

limpid

Question

8 hours ago, BOF said:
8 hours ago, BOF said:
8 hours ago, BOF said:

Jaysus it's not easy to quote an embedded quote.

Really? :) 

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, BOF said:
3 hours ago, limpid said:

Really? :) 

There must be a trick I don't know :)

All you have to do is:

1. quote the last (most recent) one
  2. move the cursor to the beginning of that quote INSIDE the quote box
  3. quote the previous one. With a mouse you can drag the little +s about if you get it wrong.

I'll let you split this into Site Issues :)

OK having tried it with your post above, that's not what I'm looking to do.

I want to quote your post above but I want it to contain the posts that you have also quoted.  That's all.  I don't want them to go missing.

There's no simple way of doing that with one click, without having to browse back to the OP of what you yourself have quoted and then press 'quote' on those as well, and then manipulate them in the manner that you've described.  So it's donkey work.  Or as I said, "Jaysus it's not easy to quote an embedded quote" ;)

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I want to quote your post above but I want it to contain the posts that you have also quoted.  That's all.  I don't want them to go missing.

There's no simple way of doing that with one click, without having to browse back to the OP of what you yourself have quoted and then press 'quote' on those as well, and then manipulate them in the manner that you've described.  So it's donkey work.  Or as I said, "Jaysus it's not easy to quote an embedded quote" ;)

I think you have to multiquote, and then drag one quote "into" another. If you hover over a quote you get a "move" symbol in the top left. Drag that inside the quote you want to embed it in.

Edited by Stevo985
1 hour ago, BOF said:

Correct, there isn't a way to do it with one click. The site is unreadable on mobile with nested quotes.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Correct, there isn't a way to do it with one click. The site is unreadable on mobile with nested quotes.

Grand.  As long as I wasn't missing a trick :thumb:

• Like 1
Â