Football Fan Violence/Behaviour

bobzy

It was a culture thing with football violence in the 70s and 80s. Not so much nowadays but whether people liked it or not, football violence was a big part of football in the 70s 80s and even to a lesser extent in the 90s. I'm actually serving a 3 year ban for something that if it had happened in previous decades naff all would of happened. I think football fans do get treated unfairly and a lot of on duty police at football are clearings in the woods but I also think a terrific job has been done in making football games safer. These wannabe hooligans these days make me laugh as it's all for show and just pavement dancing. If another firm want to take on another firm then that's fine with me aslong as innocent people are not caught up but sadly that's not always the case. Me and my mate done a school project on football hooliganism as we shared an interest in the whole culture of it back in the day. Also used to love hearing stories off my grandad who travelled all over during the dark years of the English disease. For the record he was never involved but he knew a few blokes who ran with the C crew and saw first hand what used to go on. I do think football has gone too sterile now and it would be nice to see some of the hostile atmospheres back but unfortunately football is a business now and not a working class sport for people to go and see on a Saturday afternoon. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

small heath fans are obsessed with firms and violence. All they're interested in on their forum is if there was a 'row' after the second city derby.

Â