Pubs/pre (and post)-match drinking

wedge

I presume all the usual haunts around Aston/Witton will be open pre-match? I was in the Aston Social at silly o'clock in the morning before the march to the sty in October so I imagine that will be open for the home game at a similar time? Police are asking for trouble IMO if they stop places opening or serving as will be en-masse drinking on the streets.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NulliSecundus said:

I came here to ask the same question. I doubt anywhere will be open in the centre of town? Will they be serving beer at the ground pre-match?

I'd imagine the Briar Rose and the pub next to it (The Sun on the Hill?) will be. And 'Spoons like the Square Peg.

Most bars on Broad St were showing the game in October and full of Villa. Few Noses got a slap in one bar.

19 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'd imagine the Briar Rose and the pub next to it (The Sun on the Hill?) will be. And 'Spoons like the Square Peg.

Most bars on Broad St were showing the game in October and full of Villa. Few Noses got a slap in one bar.

You talk to a blues fan and they say villa never enter town on match day.

On 13/04/2017 at 15:44, Rugeley Villa said:

You talk to a blues fan and they say villa never enter town on match day.

The next time I'll listen to a Blues fan mate is when two are visiting a family member who is in the grave next to mine long after I've passed on and therefore can't help it.

• Like 2

Â