• Hogan
    • Amavi (Hogan 36)
    • Gardner (Hourihane 69)
    • Green (Lansbury 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, BigJim said:

Not odd at all. Norwich lost on this occasion, but are still above Villa in the table. This, by your own admission, is because they are a better footballing side who have won more matches. Yet you still seem unwilling to concede that, to do better in the long run, we need to be playing better football.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I certainly can't see that I have shown any unwillingness to "concede" that we need to be playing better football.

I think my point is that we are starting to play better football; we are now capable of beating sides with better records like Norwich; and we have won six of our last seven matches.

Those focussing obsessively on possession stats are worrying about how this can possibly be happening.

But it just shows that possession isn't all that it's sometimes cracked up to be, and that we already have lots of reasons to be cheerful. If you don't believe me, have a look at the form table!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Those focussing obsessively on possession stats are worrying about how this can possibly be happening.

I hope I'm not obsessed but I do certainly worry that we won't be able to keep winning with poor possession stats, or until we improve on the ball, which is not necessarily the same thing I suppose.

I haven't seen that much of us tbf, only on TV and not whole games at that. I'm happy to accept that you and others say we are improving.

Â