Player Match Ratings: Sad Saturday for Wednesday!

John

Nice read!

I was also told that "you should be pissing this league with Newcastle the amount of money you've spent" on the train afterwards.

Its not the first time I've heard a similar thing either, teams in this league are not keen that we've tried to buy our way out.

When they beat us they take the piss when they lose they use it as an excuse........

8 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Nice read!

I was also told that "you should be pissing this league with Newcastle the amount of money you've spent" on the train afterwards.

Its not the first time I've heard a similar thing either, teams in this league are not keen that we've tried to buy our way out.

When they beat us they take the piss when they lose they use it as an excuse........

Thanks. We spend the money because we can. Not spending it in past seasons is among the reasons we are down here with them. Supporters of some other teams see Newcastle and ourselves as big clubs who are only here on a brief visit before normal order is resumed. I hope that they are right. Some of their fans also appear to have a Small Heath sized chip on their shoulder before and after they play us which is a pity because teams like Saturday's visitors along with others were once seen as big clubs who were also on short stays outside the top flight. ;)     

Edited by John

Â