Laptop issue

Demitri_C

Anyone able to help? My cousin loaned me his toshiba laptop. When windows screen loads I click my profile with the arrow then when windows opens up the arrow completely disappears!! Have shut it down few times but same thing happens. Arrow appears again when I restart but then disappears if I try use on windows.

any ideas what problem could be? 

Try pressing F5 (or FN+F5 depending on which version you have). If that doesn't work hold, using shortcuts seei if you can get to your mouse properties and give them a look over. 

Does it have a touch screen? Might need to check the drivers are up to date. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Try pressing F5 (or FN+F5 depending on which version you have). If that doesn't work hold, using shortcuts seei if you can get to your mouse properties and give them a look over. 

Does it have a touch screen? Might need to check the drivers are up to date. 

Tried the f5 arrow (mouse pointer) is on screen but does not move at all. 

It isnt a touch screen laptop 

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tried the f5 arrow (mouse pointer) is on screen but does not move at all. 

It isnt a touch screen laptop 

Did you try FN as well? What version of Windows do you have? Might be worth trying FN+F9 as well, might have the trackpad disabled... Let us know how you got on when you plug in a mouse. 

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

Did you try FN as well? What version of Windows do you have? Might be worth trying FN+F9 as well, might have the trackpad disabled... Let us know how you got on when you plug in a mouse. 

yes tried both, just plugged in a usb mouse from work and it worked fine, i took it out and same problem persists annoying :bang:

Â