Request for Permission

HanoiVillan

Question

Hi,

I have a topic I would like to start, but I wanted to check mods are okay with it first. 

When I'm not posting on here, I work teaching English to non-native speakers. I'm currently studying for a professional qualification, and am preparing the final essay on my course, which is on the use of grammatical and lexical cohesion in online message board threads. 

What would be tremendously valuable for my essay is if members for whom English isn't a first language could answer a few questions for me, and so I thought about starting a post in Off-Topic for that purpose. The reason I'm writing this is to ask permission to do so. I wish to stress that any information that anyone provides will not be used for any commercial purpose, and that I don't stand to gain financially in any way from its provision. I'm aware that many people desire data protection, and can redact usernames from anyone who wishes to remain anonymous. The final essay will never be 'published' as such, only evaluated and then archived by Cambridge English. 

Thanks for your time. 

5 answers to this question

Â