Google + Photos Sync Issue

Stevo985

I might be being an eejit here but I'm after some help.

I have my phone set up to automatically backup my photos to Google +

I took a load of photos last week when I was in Ireland. On my phone I went in and edited a load of the photos. Cropped them, touched them up etc etc.

On the Google + Photos app on my phone, I can see the photos in their edited state. But if I go to Google + photos on my laptop the photos are there, but they are in their original unedited form. It also includes photos I've deleted from my phone.

Do I have to manually sync something? If so how?

I've tried to find somewhere on my phone to sync it manually but can't find anything, and I've exhausted google trying to find a solution.

Google photos was changed a few weeks back to be separate from Google+. The app is now called simply "Photos". Are you sure you have everything up to date and are looking in the right places?

So it has. I hadn't noticed!

But yes, everything is up to date. The app is just called "Photos".

The "app" on my chromebook no longer exists, it just takes me to photos.google.com

It's an odd one. If I take a picture now, and edit it, on my phone, then I can see it when I look at my photos on my laptop.

But there seems to be a load of photo that I took last week where that hasn't happened.

I'm guessing it's because I didn't have internet connection at the time.

I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

In the photos app, left menu then settings. Look for backup & sync. Then look for choose folders. Your edited photos may be in a different folder that is excluded from the backup.

• Like 1

Thanks, it's not that though.

I think I've figured it out. I use "QuickPic" on my phone to view pictures.

If I view the picture in there, and edit it (it still uses the "photos" app to edit it) then it doesn't transfer to Photos viewed via my laptop.

It shows up on the Photos app on my phone, but not on my chromebook.

Weird. Guess I'll just have to re-edit them via Photos.

Â