Civilization

PussEKatt

I have asked this on the Civ forums and didnt get an answer,hopefully I will have better luck here.

How do you get "Downloaded Units" into your game.There are a lot of neat user made units but no information about how to place them in your Civ game.

I think you get them through Steam Workshop.

This might help.

The mods I am talking about can be downloaded from civ fanatics.I am not talking about mods like "Brave new world" or anything like that, I just want to change the gunship to one made by a Civ modder, I would also like to change a few other units as well.My problem is I dont know how to get these units into the game?

As far as Civ 5 goes,I prefer Civ 4 and BtS.

I found a good D/L of infantry from 8 civs which i put into the game the way you said and it works great.What I am really after though is to replace a in game unit with a D/L unit.I usually play as England,USA or Germany and it would be good to have units that look different to the other civs.For example have the Lancaster bomber for England but the Heinkel for Germany and the flying fortress for USA etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Just started getting into this, never played a Civ game before. Got a GoT mod for it which is nice but it seems I can't place the correct people in the correct places on the map :(

Any tips for a beginner? I have no idea what I'm doing to be honest

Â