London Marathon 2015

Taylo

Yeah I had the same thought, I can just about crank up to sub 5s for 90 sec intervals in training.

During my 3 days in Lanza last week I was part of a team that won the aquathon and I went out pretty hard and had a nice new mile and half mile record (according to strava), 5:22 for the mile and 2:30 for the half - after I passed the guy leading and run into the wind I lost my mojo a bit but we still won by nearly a minute.

My nutrition plan for next weekend is to take on water and energy drinks as available, drop a couple of salt tablets and take two gels (cant stomach anymore and even they will need to be split by an hour or so), some shot blocks and I will nibble at a flapjack as can dry your mouth out pretty quickly. Long term weather forecast says 13 degress and maybe light rain, this will suit me nicely as being the nearly 13 stone clydesdale I am I find heat dispertion a little bit of a problem.

The Kenyans are in another league. GBR distance running is in a pretty bad state at the moment with our best runner 9 minutes behind the leader.

My mate did 2.43. 7 minutes behind Paula.

At some point I'm going to get below 3. Quite determined now.

Â