Ads By info

DeadlyDirk

Question

Just reared it's ugly head plastered all over my browsers. No new software installed in ages and I have got rid of it before. Can't remember how I managed it though. Really frustrating too, it's taken about 5 attempts to get onto this page as it's been prompting me to download new software wherever I go! Anyone got any idea how to get rid?

Ta

9 answers to this question

I've managed it, it's just a case of disabling the extension on Chrome and/or Firefox....

Thank's all the same

Which extension? Care to share the process for others?

Yes, sure - go into the menu on your browser, for Chrome it's Tools>Extensions and the extension in particular was just gobbledygook... Something like "fsljghfslghfsljfdsf" - Because I've removed it so I can't find the exact name for it, but it's not anything that can be defined as English or translatable into any other language. Really nasty little bug too...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that people have had this before and blamed VT for it, hopefully this will help some of them too.

No no, you misunderstand! I never said it was a VT related issue (maybe I should have been more clear though!), it was a general browser issue! It just seems more prominent on other sites and non-existant on Facebook! Hopefully it does help some other people though!

Edited by DeadlyDirk

I did understand :) others have had something which sounds very similar and they thought it was from vt.

I think it was from VT, well.. from an advert here, as we had it on a fresh install of Windows (I was using it whilst awaiting delivery of my mac) and it happened a few times. We hadn't even used Chrome/IE at that point.

Â